Keith's Cheap Bank Rod Holders

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by txthumper1691, Feb 24, 2007.

1. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    If you're looking for simplicity in making your own rod holder, you have found it. Well, what I've done is I found some scrap rebarb, cut it to 2' lengths, took 2" pvc, cut it into 4-6" sections, duct taped it parralell to one end of the pvc.....BOOM! INSTANT ROD HOLDER. This is the most basic of bank rod holders I have ever seen. You can make yours longer or shorter, its all up to you. I dont recommend making them too tall, waist high should be tall enough. You can even bend the rebarb at a 45 deg angle just below the pvc. Bad part is, you cant use it if you're fishing where there isnt any sand or dirt. They have some good ideas for rod holders made completly outta pvc.

2. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Good Idea Keith, maybe to add to it. If you live in an area that uses electric fencing to contain livestock they sell very cheaply the 3/8" rebar posts to hold the electric fence wiring. These are about 4 ft tall, but most importantly they have a little metal flag about 6" from one end which prevents the rebar from twisting, which keeps my pole holders pointed where I want, and holds better in sandy, soil. They can be cut to a shorter length easily with a hacksaw. I really like the length they are as purchased. I also bent the end about 45% where you would place the pvc, although I used electrical conduit, and screw clamps in constructing mine..Luck

3. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    right on. I'll look into it. I know round here "T" posts r readily available, they also have th flag at th bottom as well. But I rarely have problems w/my rod holder moving, i guess mainly its due to th black clay we have here in Tx. But I will look into your modification, thanks.