Keeping that line wet insiders tip 3.

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by bluehunter, Dec 21, 2009.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    A lot of people do not wet their line on the reel when out on the water, but there is an advantage in doing this. This goes for baitcasters and spinners. Keep a small spray in your tackle appliances filled with water and wet your line on the reels when fishing from time to time. Especially on sunny days when the sun is out. This helps to allow your line to come off the reel much easier than if the line is dry. Especially when flylining your bait , a wet line can keep you from getting tangles less than when the line is dry. Also it can help you cast a lot easier even adding some distance. When that clickers goes off, or line starts peeling there is no time for trouble while the cat is spooling your reel. Keeping that line wet can help out a lot when out on the water.

Here is an insiders tip video I put together regarding wetting the line. All up simply have tro do is use water. Lots of times I just use the water from the lake and put it in the bottle. Be sure to empty your bottle upon leaving the lake as some waters may have the quagga in it and you do not want to transport water from one lake to another even if you are just merely spraying your reels with it. :big_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slz85RR2ivE

2. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    I hear that but what about for those that don't ever wet they line brother because the B.O.C wet they line ever weekend hehe so how you being doing are you going to do any fishing this weekend brother

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I feel ya on that. :smile2: I went this past weekend and gotta 16 pound channel. Also some gills too. This coming up weekend I am hanging around town and new years weekend partying more than likely so I am done for the month until first weekend in jan. I will live vicariously thru yall reports if yall go out. :big_smile:

B

4. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    I hear that look like I"ll going to do the same thing keeping it with the family but you no what the California boys waiting for I"ll going to do like you said we going to wet I"ll I line when we go sturgeon fishing I hop we get to meet you sometime this year brother:smile2:

5. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    How u doing robb I got some gills might cut them up in the morning and head to the aqueduct see if u can get something

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I am sure we will meet one day soon. I met quite a few of the BOC brothers at various gatherings of the past. Its about that time that I make my way north anyway. Been meaning to do that for quite some time and even catch a Raider game or so.:big_smile:

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Good luck on your outting. Be sure to check the local regs as most places do not allow gills for bait even if its cut here in Ca. That area may or may not allow it but check to make sure first. Cut gills do work though as I used them on the colorado river and also hear about success using them on the south and east coast areas that allow it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009