Keeping Goldfish Alive

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by HARVRAD2003, May 17, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I was planning on picking up a few dozen of goldfish come Thursday night to take on my fishing trip Friday morning, question I'd like to ask is-----if I put them in a large plastic container, the large storage containers sold at Walmart, and put declorizer in the water and put it in the back of my pickup which has a canopy would they survive for ruffley 15 hrs. I figure since the weathers only around 50-60 at night that it wouldn't be to bad on the fish-what do you all think?

2. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    i suggest buying a "bubble box" portable air pump, while you are at wally world, they run about $8 and use D batteries, they will run on just 1 battery, but i always use 2. using one of these pumps will increase bait life, big time!

3. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    i would suggest putting something warm in your truck bed because if its gonna be 50-60 degrees out there, theyre gonna die, they require atleast a 70-74 degree environment.

4. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I had some gold fish left over and I left them in a 5gal bucket for the rest of the summer,no air pump or any thing I would just stick a hose in the bucket every week or two for fresh water.When it got so cold I had to break the ice in the bucket to feed them I brought them into the house by the bathtub.After almost 2 years I had made friends with them so I bought a fish tank,air bubbler,filter and they didn't live 6 months.

5. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    it figures as much

6. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    overnight... that tub should work fine... and as the others said... air bubbler... Walmart has them around me for less then 8 usually $6 or so with tax plus cost of batteries... its a worthwhile expense... Its what i'll be using once i get my boat together...