Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Two to five pounders are fine for me, six to eights are okay if I'm helping someone out with a fish fry. EVERYTHING over 10lbs gets tagged and goes back.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I agree with Jim on the previous post. I usually keep the 2-5lbs. myself. I practice cpr. catch, photo and release. I keep only what I eat and that's not very many fish. Heck, if everybody kept every fish they caught, are kids would be stuck at home playing video games. Because are waters would be desimated!:angry:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Depends on how many I got in the freezer, if I'm needing fish I'll keep them up to 20lbs. Anything over that, there is too much waste by the time you trim all the fat and red meat for me. But it is up to each person to decide what they want to keep and what they want to release.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree with Griz, what you keep is up the the fella that caught the fish. I don't believe I personally could kill a fish over 20 pounds, especially flats or blues. There is just too much potential for growth to kill a fish of that size. You are the person who caught the fish, it is your call and your call alone. Don't let others decide for you how you are going to act.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.