KeepAlive pumps

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Cuda-Cada, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    After reading the responses from my oxygen post, I checked out the KeepAlive website. I will be buying an insulated tank with O2 when I buy my new boat but now I will just be buying a pump due to lack of space in my old boat. The KeepAlive pump will help my spray type livewell now. Does it matter if I get a floating type or one that sits on the bottom? Does one work better than the other? Thanks again...

2. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

One major piece of advice...Be careful hauling your insulated tank. I got home one night from fishing and mine was gone from my boat. It blew out on the highway.

I retraced my trail 3 times and even asked the Corp or Engineer attendent at the ramp...but the tank was gone.

What a bummer.

3. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I too, have lost items when a passing big truck or something sucks out an item from the boat. I hope to add a better O2 system to my livewell. At the moment, water is pumped in through a pipe with hole that runs along the bottom of a 40 gal well. I plan the ad a pump to creat a circular current as well as O2 to keep shad or skipjack alive (for awhile). Any thoughts on how to mount another areator and should I get a timer system? Hannibal Mike

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    All things being equal I would always bring the pump in on the bottom.That way you will get some circulation and the air can saturate the water better.Again the most important thing I think is keeping the water cool.Then it will absorb and hold more oxygen and the baitfish will be more in their comfort range.Kind of like us humans and air conditioning.70 deg or less will keep the baitfish comfortable and frisky.;)

5. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I am ordering the KeepAlive pump that mounts on the bottom of my livewell. It is about 25 gallons. Should I get the 460 gph or the 1100 gph? I fish mostly with bream for bait. Thanks...

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    KeepAlive states that the 500 gph will keep 10#s of bait good and the 700 gph 25#s. If you intend on using one of their water filters on the pump I'd bet it will cut down on the output and raise the amps used. Yes I know its for the boat but I not sure how all you would be using it.

Hope this helps