Keep carpet like new in your boat.

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by ShilohRed, Sep 5, 2008.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Been thinking, I know that gets me in trouble. :sad2:
    I am going to get a roll of the clear plastic that RV dealers puts down on the floor of the RV's/
    Cover what has carpet in my boat with it. That way at the end of the day rip it off the carpet. No mess and no stink on the carpet. My floors are vinyl but everything else is carpet. So use this to cover the rest up.
    Now off to buy a roll of it and give it a try.
    Pete

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i think when wet that stuff will bust your a$$ its slick :eek:oooh::crazy:

3. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Good idea if it doesn't get slick. Post back and let us know how it works. My next boat will not have carpet.

4. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sounds like a great idea, though be sure not to leave it down for more than a day or two.
    I had put some of that stuff down on my carpet in the house during a home addition project. It was down for a few weeks. When I had pulled it up it had left the glue stuck to the carpet and even shampooing didn't get it out. It ruined the carpet! I had to replace the carpet.
    The wife was happy but I was pissed.:angry:

5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Why not just scotch guard it? I too worry about the plastic getting wet and slippery. We scotch guarded our carpet when we moved in, and 3 years later the stuff the kids spill comes right out (even kool-aid). On a boat i'd probably do it once a year, just because of the sun and constant moisture.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Watch out fer thee slime?(LOL):eek:oooh: