Keep an eye out for Colorado River Gathering!

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by CatMan(Cali), Dec 9, 2009.

1. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Just wanted to let y'all know that I talked to RiverBudd and he said he will be posting something very soon on the Colorado River gathering. He said he's looking at the weekend of May 20th(weekend before Memorial weekend). So keep an eye out and make the necessary plans so we can have as many people attend as possible. Once we get the dates and find out who's interested we can make plans to carpool, get a hotel, sleep in a tent, or whatever. It's an awesome fishing experience and I recommend it to EVERYONE. One guy caught like a 36lber last year, and Bert(Shania) caught a 17lber. These monster cats are there and there are lots of them. I would suggest making it a 4-day 3-night trip at least to really get the full experience of the Colorado River. Look forward to seein all the bros make the trip. Like Bert says "Fellaz, let's do the damn thang". Wait til y'all try some of that fried flat at the shindig on Sat.:wink:

Dale, we'll be waiting for the AZ/CA Gathering thread:wink:...............

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hope to hear the dates soon.I know we have to be cognitive of the clear lake derby and I normally have something as well for imperial valley. I know we will come to an concensus as May IMO is the best month for flatheads. Plus its not so hot as well. Memorial day weekend is too bad noise wise and crowded. You have to sneak into some off areas to get a piece of mind to fish.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    This years clear lake event will be May 14th thru 16th.

4. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    the cat rat will be in efffect for the blythe trip
    gonna do a few more days this time
    will do some more r and d before then to lock in a few spots
    i have a few new ideas for the verde
    lookin forward to seein yall out there

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    wow with all these good trips planned for the first part of the year somethings got to give:sad2: must decide which ones to attend

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    The Blythe trip will be good especially from late April thru early June. Those are the better months weather wise and fish wise eventhough it can still heat up during the day the latter part of those months. I am working on my calendar as well so I am waiting to hear whats up. I have 4 events slated for the 1 0 for flatheads.

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Well...I know one thing for sure:
    "I'm There"!!!!!!!
    as soon as Dale set something up:
    "Count Me In"!!!!!!
    :wink:
    I hope that I could hook-up with Dale like I did last year :cross: and get down there early. I'm going to put in for the vaction days (like I do every year) for that for sure, at lease two weeks of my vaction time is set every year for me to fly down there just for that one.
    :0a23:

8. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I don't know if I'll make the Clear Lake trip, but definitely the Blythe trip. I don't have a boat anyway. I'm not gonna enter the Clear Lake Derby fishing from the bank. I think that weekend of May 20th would be a perfect time to go. The bite should be pretty much in full swing at that time and shouldn't be too many folks out and about with Memorial weekend coming up right after. Even if there is a lot of people, I'll just take off to Palo Verde and hit the canals. I plan to do a little of both. Hit the river and canals. Maybe I'll get to hang up a nice flat at the B&B Bait Shop.:wink:

9. BigRossi

BigRossi New Member

State:
    California
    Me, lovesdasmelloffish, and bigphu from this forum will all be at clear lake.

Blythe is a hell of a drive from here...but for a big flat head I'll def ponder that one.

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Should be a fun time folks.... I plan on being there for a while myself...

Hey, when is the Sturgeon trip to the Sac River?

11. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    If y'all do plan on going we could all caravan down. We could show ya around a little and get ya hooked up with some folks that know the place real good. I'm hookin up with DesertCatRat for sure. He's a scrappy fisherman and he gets after it. I'm down with that. There are a couple campgrounds right on the river where everyone usually stays. I may have to hit up the Holiday Inn myself a night or two. It helps when it is hot and while the Lakers are in the playoffs.:wink: Y'all would love it down there. it's a unique fishing experience if you have never been there. I hope y'all can make it. I know John from Ceres is going with his brother and a couple of us from Fresno are going too. The more the merrier and better chance at catching a monster flat.:wink:

12. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    March 26-28. I just bumped up the sturgeon thread.

13. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Sean, been wanting to go to the Colorado for a few years now. I sure would like to fish with you and Brian(Desert Cat Rat) Brian really know his stuff.
    2010 is is going to be a hell of year, probably best ever! Just have to see when the Blyth trip happends. On the agenda is Mendota Sleugh Gathering,Degray Gathering in Arkansas and the National Gathering in Kentucky.

Jaime

14. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I am lookin forward to it! I been wanting to get there for couple years now, but it got so late I decided to wait till next year to get the license and permit.

Look forward to seein everyone I met at Mendota, and some folks I haven't met. Should be a good time with the new equipment that has appeared. I'm not much on fancy food when I am campin, but usually figure on brats, polish sausage and snack type stuff, I thrive on junk food and poor diet. Beer of course.

One thing I know, it can get hot out there that time of year. I might be able to get my tent back from my daughter, it might fit 3 folks, let me know if its needed.

Haven't been able to make any since Aug, but hope all is taken care of by then.

15. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Hope you can make it. Lots of good folks out there. Lots of places to fish. I'll probably fish the main river the first night and the canals the next 2 nights. We'll all probably go out to the canals one night. Gonna have to steal Bert and Ray for a night. Hopefully DesertCatRat will have a couple areas to put us on a good flat bite.:wink: Hope to see ya there buddy.

16. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I know that you are going to love it there Tim.... I figure that you and Snagged2 are much alike... and you will hoop up with other folks from Az that will be attending... It is not real hot there yet, and if all the boys that say they might get a motel/hotel... hell you shoud be able to snag some indoor floor space....

The tent area at Mayflower Park has some shade to it, and the park facilities is great as well. Won't be the crowd in camp like on Memorial Day weekend.....

We are going to have to "hook up" prior to that and do some ocean and maybe yuma....??

17. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Ray,
    You gonna take us back out to the backwaters again for some bait? That was a blast last year with me, Scott, Fred, Bert, and yourself out there baitfishin. You might be able to save us a few bucks on the goldfish.:wink: Ya know I'll bring some of those grapes for ya too.:wink:

18. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Big Sean - That's Not A Problem Buddy.
    "You Know That I Would Be Down To Hit Some Of Those Areas With You Guys". :0a23:
    :wink:

19. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Some big flats coming out of the canals. We'd have to find a better spot than last time though. I think DCR will have a few places mapped out for us. It's on baby, getting the flathead fever already.

20. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    You know I will be there to represent AZ! There are some super spots down river from Mayflower i am looking forward to trying again...:big_smile: