KDWP Officers Logbook

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Grimpuppy, May 8, 2009.

1. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I don't know if some of you read this or not but it is interesting stuff. On KDWP web page they have exerts of entries from the conservation officers log book. They update it about every week to once a month depending on how busy the Co's have been. It gives you some insight into what the CO's deal with on a daily basis and some of the frustration they have when their hands are tied on certain things. Like county attorney's dropping most of the charges that a CO files and judges giving slaps on the hand for serious infractions. That happens a lot. During deer season it gets really good and is updated about every week.

Check it out if you havn't already. http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/Other-Services/Law-Enforcement/Officer's-Logbook

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I havent seen it, good find.
    Its definately a hard job and I give them alot of credit. I just wish there were more.

Some of them are kinda funny:

Managed to check a couple of fishermen and stopped by the city lake just in time to respond to a vehicle that had just sunk. Kids racing around a mud trail lost control and sunk their KIA. Vehicle could not be seen from shore, local “diver” came out wearing only a pair of swimming trunks and a snorkel with a rope around his waist attempted to locate the vehicle. I advised him the water was still very cold, against my wishes he made it into the water to about his waist when he proclaimed there was too much current for him. I advised him there was no current in the lake, figured he didn’t want to admit that trying to dive in 55-60 degree water wasn’t the best idea. :smile2::smile2:

Refereed a dispute between fishermen on shore and fisherman on boats. 9,600 surface acres of water and they still have argue over the same acre.:smile2:

High water has activity up on the rivers. Been writing high number of tickets and warnings. Nobody seems to be buying licenses. Had 3 H/M take off from Arkansas River outlet with stringer of flatheads and no poles. Tried to catch up to them after they exited park in their truck. Thanks to people failing to pull over for red/ blue lights they got away. :sad2::angry:

3. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Be careful out there Jim.

Assisted in rescue of a 10 year old that fell from cliffs at Wakefield into Milford Lake, a tumble and fall of over 80 feet.

I hope he is alright. Didnt say recovery so I am assuming he survived. Thats a LONG tumble and fall.

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    The water is only about 3 or 4 feet deep there also...:crazy:

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I was just talking to CJ about that the day we were out there. I said, " I wonder if some dumbass thought this would be deep enough to cliff dive?" I guess some fell on accident. I find it very hard to believe that someone could live through that. :embarassed:

6. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I like this one

"Cited one at Baldwin City lake for short bass. Was trying to smuggle it home to go in pond, watched him hide it in toolbox of truck." :smile2::smile2:

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Thanks Jay, I've never seen this one either, I'll sure be checking it out now though. Interesting stuff.

8. byoung

byoung Member

State:
    DeSoto, Kansas
    Great site, someone should compile and make a book for bathroom reading.

9. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

That has to be JJ!:smile2:

10. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS

From the Clay Center Dispatch newspaper...

[/FONT]

11. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    wow thats amazing.. a broken coller bone aint nothin to play with, but hes lucky to be alive after that fall

12. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    According to the article, he didn't land in the water.... OUCH

If you have never seen the bluffs at Wakefield here is a picture of them.

Attached Files:

13. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thats one heck of a fall! :eek:oooh: I agree though he sure is lucky to be alive!

14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Definitely. I was thinking when I saw them, that no one could survive that. Its pretty shallow there at the bottom, with alot of rocks. :crazy:

15. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Thats a TOUGH kid.:cool2:

16. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Logbook has been updated....

17. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Officers Logbook page was updated.

Here are a few of the good ones:

Don't know where he is talking about, any ideas??

:smile2::eek:oooh::crazy:

18. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

19. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK

20. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Working on evicting a homeless camper at the lake with help from the County Sheriff who wishes he would leave the County. Subject was not at tent and campsite all weekend so Monday morning I will pull his tent and camping equipment give him the option of retrieving his equipment and leaving the area or contacting the CA to charge him on abandon equipment and alcohol possession charges

they'll never catch me !! :smile2::smile2: