KDWP/Army Corp of Engineers

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Catmaster, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I fish the old KG&E dam on the Neosho all of the time. It looks like crap. It has not been mowed as long as I'v been fishing down there and I fish there at least 2 times a week. There are no picknick tables (the one there has the corner broken off of it). You cant get to the outhouse through all of the weeds. And the road is never maintained unless some good natured fisherman moves the log that is across the road or a branch that is in the middle of the road. The road going down there has only been graded a hand full of times. Personaly I do not think that gives the KDWP/Army Corp of Engineers a good image. I am not trying to bash the KDWP/ACE because I do not think that is the way things get done but I just want something to be done about it to make it look more attractive. This is a fareshot but It would also kind of be nice to have a boatramp down there too for when the water gets realy low. Taxpayers are giving money to the government to do these kinds of things to a certain extent.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Sounds like a letter to the editor of your local and state newspaper is in order...they see it in print and it grabs their attention.

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Go to the KDW&P homepage, scroll to the bottom and click on "contact us". They've always been very good about answering questions for me.............even if there not the answer I want to hear:confused2:

4. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    If Its A Good Spot, Then Maybe You Could Give It Some Of Your Personal Attention. I Have Found A Few Good Spots In The Past That Were Almost Too Good To Be True. After Fishing One Place In Particular It Began To Overgrow Itself And Was Becoming Hard To Find A Comfortable Spot To Get Set Up. So I Decided To Pack Up A Small Hatchet, Machete, And My Stihl Gas Powered Weed Eater And Clean Up A Small Area For My Future Outings. I Don't Think Anyone Even Noticed That It Had Been Cleared Out. I Didn't See The Usual Pile Of Trash And Beer Cans As I Normally Would. Maybe Worth A Shot If You Don't Get Any Feed Back From Kdwp.

5. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Hi catmaster I sent an Email to Kdwp awhile back about the area around the Damn there. Have not heard back from them yet but I do expect to hear from them.

6. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    When did u send it because i sent an email yesterday about the conditions at the KG&E dam.