KCK Cabelas-Meet the Pros

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by dougc, Feb 13, 2008.

1. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    This weekend February 16th & 17th, the KCK Cabelas will be having fishing seminars from 10am till 5pm both days. Featured speakers will be the BOC's own John Jamison & Anthony Ford from the LOZ area.

John's seminars will be at 10am & 2pm both days. Seminars will be held up front by the aquarium. I'm planning on being there Saturday afternoon, weather permitting(If it's nice I'll probably be on the river trying to catch another big blue cat!).

Hope to see you there!

2. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I might head that way on Sunday.

3. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Doug,
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably make it over there on Saturday.

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    im thinkin bout tryin to rustle up some money to get out that way myself

5. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Imma be there too

6. Jason G

Jason G New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Doug I am in the same boat that your in. If the weather is what the forecast is calling for I will be out also. If not I will prob see you there. When you were out last weekend did you guys catch bait or bring some with you??

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Caught a bunch of skipjack herring in Tennessee last month, and that's what we used. Didn't even try to catch bait.

You could probably walk across the street and get some from Brad, I'm sure he's got plenty to give away!:smile2:

8. Jason G

Jason G New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Oh yea I forgot that you guys did that. Well he has been busy so I prob wont bother him. I might just get some herring down at Minnesotta. I hope that the weather just stays calm I want to get out.

9. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Minnesotta bait shop ??

10. Jason G

Jason G New Member

State:
    Kansas
    yes. That is if they have any down there.

11. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    I was really impressed w/ that shop. I found it by luck. It just happened to be the closest to where I was atthe time. Was fixin to fish Kaw Point (just found out that its called that), was at some ghetto gas station lookin in the phone book, and the "clerk" said it was just down the street. That place blows away any here in Topeka. In fact my bait shop here, Bait Hut, getts alot of stuff from there to sell here.

12. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'll be there, most likely Sunday morning. Have to pick up some stuff I ordered from there anyway. I always enjoy listening to John speak. Is he speaking at 10 am on Sunday morning also? Just wondering as they do not open until 10 am on Sunday. Unless they are opening early this Sunday?

Doug, mostly sunny and 40's on Saturday, sounds like a fishing day. Assuming there aren't to many ice bergs left over from the single digit temps tonight and tomorrow.

13. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Have you guys tried that Orient Express Blood Bait; what's you thoughts?

14. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    This should be good, I'll be at one of the times on Saturday.

15. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm headed out that way Sun. morning. I also have to pick up some stuff I ordered. I've seen John speak 2 twice already this spring so I doubt I stick around, have to get back to watch the race.

16. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Went to Cabelas today around 1pm , wasnt even sure if Id get to see John speak, but I did. I find his method and how he rigs his terminal tackle very interesting. Its amazing that a pro catfisherman and his partner only use 1 rod apiece. If you havent seen Johns seminar , then you should definitely see it next time he does one. He has a style he calls "walking the bait" , that makes complete sense, because he covers alot more ground than the regular still fishing/fan casting methods. He said there is a handful of guys on the pro circuit that uses this method, and they regularly place pretty well on the leader board. Next time I get to fish in a boat on the river, I just might have to give it a try. :big_smile:

17. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thats sounds really interesting. I've been wanting to see John speak but just haven't had the chance. I was going to head out that way yesterday or today. But I have been dealing with three sick kids and they ended up giving it to me last night. I feel horrible and won't be doing anything for several days. :sad2:

18. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    glad you got to make it, sounds like it was good. wish i could of made it. i'll hook up w/ ya sometime and learn it from you Cathunter :wink:

19. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Sorry to hear the bug hit your family Geoff. Hope you all feel better soon.

20. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Did Anthony have a seminar also? What topics did he have?