kc on the missouri...

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by benzolene, Apr 19, 2008.

1. benzolene

benzolene New Member

State:
    missouri
    did some fishing at river front park all the way up to the park by sears on front street yesterday in the cold and rain...fished a wing dyke and some structure on the bank...produced 2 small cats, but hey anything on a day like that will keep you going...water was up about a foot so the conditions changed a little. any tips on this area...anyone ever fish these holes? I tried above the wing dam like you would if you had a boat...then i tried below, knowing theses cats are lazy and dont like much current especially on cold rainy days like yesterday. you about gotta drop it in thier mouth to gettem to bite... Looking to go hit these areas on sunday since thursday i got a bite that about broke my rod...anyone up for it...my girlfriend wants to go...i told her it would wear her out and if it rains we stay...she still wants to go i told her if i cant get anyone else to go she can...please guys...anyone...i mean anyone wanna save me from the fate of purfume and makeup and kisses while i am trying to fish?

2. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    Thats my favorite Flathead spot on the Mo river. Live bait (goldfish, green sunfish) seems to work the best there. A 100lb Flathead was caught there a few years ago on rod & reel. The combination of L and wing dikes and depth fluctuations make that area great for catfishing.

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    My wife is my favorite fishing partner. Maybe if you give her a chance you might enjoy it. My wife plan on trying that part of the river sunday. Dont know how good it will be bait was hard to come by. If you go good luck.

Tom

4. mustad1

mustad1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    how do you get to riverfront? I am working on 635 so i assume i go south to 70 and east right-then what? What is the traffic like at 5:00pm ot get there? anyone wanna meet me there. I can stop at Minn bait and pick up some goldfish!!!
    Just give me an email at Mustad69@yahoo.com- i can check it at work tomorrow and you can give me a cell #. Like to meet up with some KC river rats!!!

5. benzolene

benzolene New Member

State:
    missouri
    cool i emailed you with my contact info...see you at the river

6. fishfreak

fishfreak New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've been out five times this spring with my son trying to catch catfish. We've come up dry everytime. We've tried the river at Wellington, the missouri river by Fort Osage, the missouri river off MO 224, the river by Cooley Lake, and Cooley Lake. All we,ve caught are sturgeon and white bass which we threw back of course. We've used cut bait and night crawlers for bait. Nothing works.
    Does any of you know where a person can go to catch catfish off the bank somewhere (Don't have a boat) with my son? I think I'm out of practice; I haven't been fishing regularly since my dad died 20 years ago.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ben, take that woman fishin. On a cool nite with no bite, a lil' perfume ain't bad. Besides if she likes it, she may buy ya a boat and more tackle.:cool2:

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    They are there. Maybe try some dip bait or something. Or move around more so on the bank. Give a spot 10-15 min then move on down the bank. You are doing better then some out there. Least you are catching fish.

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Ben, I have to agree with a couple of the other fellas on here, take the girl fishin' with ya!!! She is beggin' to go, that is hard to come by these days! I take my "better half" with me as much as possible, I have caught all my biggest fish when she was in the boat!!!!!!!!! I've even got her talked into fishing a night tourney over here this summer!

Get her out there bud!

10. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Hey I took my girlfriend fishing in a night tourny. Even took first place in it with a 46 pound blue.

11. benzolene

benzolene New Member

State:
    missouri
    took her fishing last night at jacomo...it was windy as all get out...she just tucked her head in my chest and we didnt get a bite but it was warmer with her there...thanks for the encouragement guys