KC Catfish Tourney march 29 2008

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by brad kilpatrick, Mar 10, 2008.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    well guys its time to get back to buisness, KCC's first tourney of the season is in a couple of weeks 7a-3p at kaw point on march 29th. hope to see a big turn out for this one! See you there!

2. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Anybody need a fishing buddy?

3. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Well Brad, you know me and Matt will be there!!:smile2: might be rough fishing if the water temp dont come up but fishing with the KC crew is much better than sitting at home. P.S. DONT tell my wife i said that she is off work that weekend.:eek:oooh:

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I'll be there with fishing rod in hand.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Best wishes on KC Catfish's first tourney of 2008. Hope you guys put it on em.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Well the fish are bitting and it's almost Saturday. Looks like it's going to be a very nice day to be out fishing in the first tournament of the year. Water temp is high 40's. Could we crack 50 come Saturday? See you all brite and early on sat. the 29th.

7. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    :big_smile:I am so ready i can't hardly do anything but think about fishing!!@!!! :big_smile:

8. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I would like to start fishing the kansas river and kaw point is onlyu a few miles from home. Is it open all night?

9. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Kaw Point is open all night. Parkville & Riverfront are a couple that close for the evening.

10. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks. Would you say that kaw point would be a safer place for my first river outing than the mighty MO?

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    At Kaw Point you can try out the relatively calm Kansas River, and when you are comfortable with that you can head out the Missouri, which is just a couple of hundred feet below the boat ramp, and see how your boat does in the heavier current. And speaking of current, it's generally easier to launch and take out at Kaw Point than it is the ramps on the Missouri. IMO, it's one of the better ramps around to use for your first trip out on the big rivers.

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Especially if you're in one of those fold-up boats!!:eek:oooh:

13. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Gary is moving up in the world he sold that boat. Now he's on to a real boat and motor. haha Gary that was a cool looking boat. :smile2:

14. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks guys. I have a 175 bass tracker with a 40 merc. I need to make a rod holder for the back. I have been trotlining for the last 10 years, but I want to get a big one on rod and reel this summer. I have always used live bluegill or large goldfish. Primarily because I fish for flathead, however I wont be as picky with the rod and reel. is cut bait better for big blues?

15. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
  16. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    What size weights do you use? Do you ancor from the front and fish from the back? Silp set up or 3 way swivol? Sorry for all the questions, but I am ready to go!

17. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    The only way or at least the only safe way is to anchor from the front and fish from the back of the boat. The size of weight I think you will learn on your own. But start with a 5oz and if that does not hold then go to a 6oz, I use 6 and 8's mostly but will go up to a 12.

18. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks. I have to get to my ten posts! Do you use a 3 way rig? do you set the drar or let the fist run (clicker).

19. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    not too many use a true 3 way rig around here, most use a slider rig of one sort or another.

Josh and I both tight line with circle hooks, no clicker

20. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks. I have yet to use circle hooks but i plan to give them a try. I have been trotlining and jug lining so long! I cant wait to get a big one on rod and reel. Thats my goal for the summer.