kc catfish logo

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by brad kilpatrick, Nov 4, 2007.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Well My artist finaly got Me a sample logo to check out.

Take a look and let Me know what you think

I like the fish, and the flames but I'm not overwhelmed about the script

Attached Files:

2. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    I agree, looks good though!

3. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Thanks Kyle.
    I do think We're on the right track and not too far off! Hopefully I'll have something I like pretty soon!

with this script the T & F in catfish look too much like an I or L

I don't want folks asking me what is KC Callish......LOL

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Brad, my first look at the logo and I saw a face on the fish (catfish) with the eyes and all that (sorry to say... ) appears like a rat to me....

bayrunner ray

5. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Well Ray, I am looking for opinions so no appoligy is neccessary.

Thanks for your input.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brad, keep the colors, clean up the edges of the font then replace the cartoon fish with a true representation.:wink:

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Gotta agree with Jack. The background flames look good. The kc catfish letters need some work, and a better pic. of a catfish.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Add me to this list Mr Brad. Its going to look sharp though. Dont forget to show us the final product.

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Looks nice... But.. You lose the fish in the background..

10. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    I'm having the same concern. Think I'll have the guy move the fish over the top of KC. Thet script is gowing on Me and might just keep it as well, but see if He can tweak the t & f and make them more definative

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I just looked at it again Brad. I think your on to something. If you could make the T and F more definitive that would help out. And if you could possibly make the fish a little bit BIGGER on the image and slide it up a half inch or so, that might look pretty cool. Just some ideas. Overall, I think it looks pretty cool

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    It looks good, though a little cluttered. would make a great tattoo.

13. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Okay, so I don't know much, but I have studied advertising and graphic design a good bit in college. I like the general layout of the graphic. From an art standpoint, I think it is fantastic. There are a couple of problems though for your message to be properly conveyed.

1st - Red is the hardest color to read, period. Your text gets lost in amongst the fire because they are the same color. It can be a shade of red or something different, but it needs to stand out more so you can differentiate the fire from the text.

2nd - Text should NEVER, I repeat, NEVER be shadowed. One professor that I highly respect and has managed to make a good name for himself in the advertising world hammered this point home to us. Make sure to have the shadow removed from the text.

I think if you can get those two things fixed, it would make a world of difference in your logo and you'll have something that will really wow 'em!

**Edit**
    I looked again. I'm staying with my first two points, but I think you wouldn't have to change the color of the text so drastically if you took away some of the black smoke lines from the fire. You wouldn't have to totally remove them, I think they make a great effect, but they would need to be smaller and much, much, lighter to be behind all of your text and image. As soon as you make something that bold and that black behind your text, you wash out all the borders of your letters and I think that it is making them hard to read as well because you can't tell where the letters are defined.

Again, this is all my opinion. I am not an expert. I'm only trying to help out. Oh! But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

14. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Brandon,
    I tend to agree with you on that to much going on. The fish kind of gets lost with the text.

15. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I actually think the logo text gets lost in the fish, but that's my opinion.

Brando is on the money and knows his stuff...those Holiday Inn Express rooms must be great!

Brad: What kind of look are you after? Did you request the flames/smoke in the look and feel of the graphic? Also, did the artist create the cel-shaded catfish, or did they borrow it from somewhere (in which case, you hope it's royalty-free)? Also, why is the URL of kccatfish.com nowhere to be seen? These are questions you might want to ask your artist -- especially if this is a paid assignment.

16. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Brad, my first impression is a flame grilled catfish restaraunt, I dont think the flames need to be in the script and the catfish needs to be more realistic.
    the logo needs to speak for it self and reflect the great catfish tournament series it is.
    this thread is a good example of the great place the boc is, where else can you get the amount of responses and feed back that you asked for.

17. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Not too crazy about flaming catfish myself...

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Something like this would be what I would go with. I...Know I ain't no artist but it's the only thing I could come up with, LOL!!!

I hope you don't mind me doing this for ya Brad:embarassed:!!

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Now I like that one. Stands out and much better looking cat. Good job JW, I knew he was good at something...:wink:
    Flames kinda look like mountains though. Could be a little smaller or????

20. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    looks good id like a link to the artist