Kayakers near Houston?

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by Blind In Texas, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Blind In Texas

Blind In Texas New Member

State:
    Houston, T-E-X-A-S
    Any members with yaks live in or near Houston? I like to fish the Brazos, but, will fish the Colorado as well. Actually the Colorado water levels seem to be more stable than those of the Brazos.

I bought my 13 year old son a 9' Pursuit and I have a 14' Perception Prism, so, if someone has a pickup then we could stage vehicles at pick up and drop off points and do some drifting.

I don't fish with folks who curse a lot, litter, have poor attitudes or who complain. I don't like it and do not want my son exposed to it, so, if you are that guy then please do not respond. My son goes just about everywhere I go outdoors. I would paddle 10 miles up stream to get to my truck just so I wouldn't have to ride 5 miles with a jerk.

Mike

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    count me out..i have no canoe, and im obnoxious as hell ;)

3. Blind In Texas

State:
    Houston, T-E-X-A-S
    That's okay. I can be major pain in the a$$ and a downright public menace at times myself. Especially when my son isn't around ;)

4. jorne

jorne New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't think I can name the board on this one, but Google the state name followed by the name of the watercraft and you will hit paydirt. Lots of good folks there.

John

5. Blind In Texas

State:
    Houston, T-E-X-A-S
    Thanks, John. Texaskayakfisherman.com.