Kayaker disapears on the Kaw River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by brad kilpatrick, Mar 6, 2007.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  2. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Wow, that is truley tragic. I wish the story would use his first name. I had to read the second half of that thing three times, when it said relatives stayed out late looking for Fish......I was like what the heck?? Then I looked back and realized it was his name.

I sure hope they find him and he is OK, but sure does not look good.:sad2:

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    any updates???
    my prayers are with that guy and his family. I hope he shows up on the bank and in good health.

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

well i hope they find him.i was thinking that area of the river wouldnt be a great palce to kayak anyways. safty first i allways say. i take it he wasnt waering a life jacket

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I was fishing just a couple of miles below there last night, but I didn't have a clue that all of this was going on. My prayers are with the family.

6. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Jeff, The fellas name was Ladd Fish. father of five, no lifejacket. He has yet to turn up, pretty sad. fire and rescue were out again today. My wife told Me that the news said they had called off the search.

7. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Brad, sorry to hear that. I caught his name the second time I read it, on the original post. When I first read it, and it said relatives were out all night looking for fish, I took it as his relatives were actually looking for FISH, as in fishing, and I was like What the heck? These folks are HARDCORE........then I went back and saw it was his name.:embarassed:

8. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    A fisherman found a body yesterday just downstream of where the kayaker disappeared. No word on identity though.

9. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    My neighbor, The Sherrif, told Me they found him last night. I'm sure glad I didn't find Him I'm sure it wasn't pretty.

10. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    What a shame for the family. Safety 1st. always.

11. bclumsky

bclumsky New Member

State:
    kansas city
    I saw the fire rescue boat heading up river at about 7:30 last night. that must have been why.