Kayak with trolling motor setup?

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by halll, Jun 28, 2020.

1. halll

halll Active Member

State:
    iowa
    Name:
    Loren
    Could any of you that have your kayak setup with a trolling motor post some pics? Maybe explain it a bit too? Summer wheels of boredom have me pondering different ways of getting around in the river. Thanks

Herbhome likes this.
  2. Khh27

Khh27 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Kyle harlan
    What kind of yak do you have theres a youtube guy called one objective that goes over putting a trolling motor on yaks. There is a bracket and they cut down a trolling motor. You will have to register it once it becomes un-man powered

3. halll

halll Active Member

State:
    iowa
    Name:
    Loren
    I currently own a perception sound. It’d probably be smartest to get a wider one for better weight distribution. Which is what I plan on doing and give the old one to my wife. I’ll check the channel out thanks!

4. SPAZ182

SPAZ182 Active Member

State:
    IL
    Name:
    Chad
    I have a Perception Pilot that is pedal drive. As soon as I noticed how the pedal drive mounted I had to try popping a trolling motor into it. The shaft size is perfect. I've no need of a motor on my kayak, but it's kinda need that I can just toss one in there if I ever want. I'm just too cheap to pay for tags and a lightweight lithium battery.

Peace,
    Chad

5. LynnTigen

LynnTigen New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Name:
    Lynn
    would a cordless drill w a lil prop/beater on it count as "powered"? lol

6. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Haha, you laugh but yes it probably would.