Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught some shad at the boat ramp and went out under the bridge for a bit mostly to try out the new fish finder and paddle around some learning/using the features on the Garmin.. anchored down in a spot that was 16 ft and drops to 24 ft.. I dropped a good sized gizzard Shad head/body chunk on bottom and then thru a small rattle trap around the bridge pilings.. caught a few small crappie and a sand bass while waiting on a cat bite.. stayed an hour and a half and managed to catch 1 blue about 3 lbs better than nothin I reckon..
Water Shoe Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Outdoor recreation Lake

·
Registered
355 Posts
How do.you like the Garmin? I've been dilly dallyin for a couple years now , can never make my mind up on what unit I want for my little boat (16' flatbottom with a 20 hp jet).

I go back and forth about it and here I am 2 years into it and still don't have a depth/fish finder lol.

I always like hearing what people have to say about them.

Beautiful looking lake ya got there, I never really realized how much water there was in that area. Just Google mapped that lake and there is a pile of big lakes and what look to be big ponds. Reckon it's hard to gage how far they all are apart on the phone screen, but it looks like you have quite a few options in that area.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do.you like the Garmin? I've been dilly dallyin for a couple years now , can never make my mind up on what unit I want for my little boat (16' flatbottom with a 20 hp jet).

I go back and forth about it and here I am 2 years into it and still don't have a depth/fish finder lol.

I always like hearing what people have to say about them.

Beautiful looking lake ya got there, I never really realized how much water there was in that area. Just Google mapped that lake and there is a pile of big lakes and what look to be big ponds. Reckon it's hard to gage how far they all are apart on the phone screen, but it looks like you have quite a few options in that area.
I like the Garmin Striker Plus 4.. I wanted the Vivid model but they were out of them, the plus is an upgrade from the plain striker 4... bigger screen and different shaped unit and comes with GPS chirp.. I was on the fence between the Humminbird Pirahna Max 4 and the Garmin Striker Plus 4... add the GPS feature for the same price I went with Garmin..

Yessir we usually have a lot of water around here.. many many lakes but they are all low right now.. we are in an extreme drought and the lakes are 5-7 and even 11-12 ft low in some places... all farm ponds and private lakes are way low unless they are spring fed.. we are in bad shape right now... and no relief in sight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts