KAYAK CORNER

Discussion in 'Mac Byrum's Catfish University' started by Mac-b, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member

State:
    North Caro
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Toneyd, Fishfeen, vortex and 2 others like this.
  2. twaskom

twaskom Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Hey, your still up. I have watched this guy before and always enjoyed listening to him. As a matter of fact I posted a question to him about what the foam wrap in front of the handle on his rod was. He catches some good fish, does CPR and says what is on his mind. I couldn't agree with him more on not wanting the responsibility on what kayak a person buys. And he apparently really enjoys his fishing because he is always laughing.

That's my 2 cents.

Fishfeen, Mac-b, kankat and 1 other person like this.

3. kankat

kankat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Name:
    Cory
    Yep I stumbled upon his YouTube channel this past weekend & ended up watching every video he has posted. Very good fisherman with a soft voice that is easy to listen to which is rare these days. You can tell he really enjoys it & making his videos.
    This kayak fishing is intriguing to me, I'm a bank fishing guy that was saving for a small boat, but now I'm wondering if kayak is the way to go for where I fish. Although my girlfriend likes to tag along fishing so she's not too excited about the kayak idea

Mac-b likes this.
  4. vortex

vortex Twirlygig

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke
    I have a yak and love it. There are places I won't go in it, but for backwater, skinny water, small creeks/rivers... awesome.

I wouldn't take it on the MO or Miss, or main areas of a huge reservoir, but that's me. I don't want to get swamped, or be that one statistic.

Mac-b and Fishfeen like this.
  5. Fishfeen

Fishfeen Well-Known Member

State:
    CA/WV
    Thanks Mac, yeah I watched his videos as well and he is always calm and collected in that yak. No way I could do it. I would need a yak the size of a pontoon for my fat butt. Anyway thanks again, really enjoy his videos. - Fishfeen

Mac-b likes this.
  6. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    The kayak he uses it top of the line also. I was thinking about a yak at one tome and so checked on the one like he foot paddles. They get a little high priced. I think most folks spend 5 to 8 hundred and not the 24 hundred this one is. I agree with Luke about places I would not go but the home rivers are a lot different. He is in Eastern Tennessee and the waters there are much more calm that the Miss or Mo rivers.

He make very enjoyable videos to watch and has some straight talk in them about what he is doing. Always a good addition to the forum.

hoosier78, Mac-b and Fishfeen like this.
  7. vortex

vortex Twirlygig

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Luke
    My yak listed at $1799, but I was able to get it on a little bit of a discount thanks to having worked for them in the past.

I love it though. When the place is right for it, it can't be beat.

Fishfeen, Mac-b and twaskom like this.
  8. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    How to safely anchor a Kayak

9. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    FISHING FOR BLUE CATFISH USING LIVE BLUE GILLS SUSPENDED.

Toneyd likes this.
  10. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    My wife (of 45years says I can not have a kayak. Of course she said the same thing about my Harley, my ATV and my boat. Maybe someday she will be right.

SipYakker and Mac-b like this.
  11. CatBassin'

CatBassin' Well-Known Member

State:
    Harmony, NC
    Name:
    Garrett
    I've seen quite a few of his videos and also follow him on Instagram. He's always putting up good pictures and great videos.

Mac-b likes this.