Kawkawlin

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by DLB-in-GR, Aug 8, 2009.

1. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I am currently visiting a friend in Bay City and fished the Kawkawlin last evening. 4 fish in 45 minutes from his yard, 23", 22 1/2" 20", and 18" using Secret-7. No current, so no sinker was required. I hooked up a yellow perch for the "big one", and caught a hammer handle pike on a red worm. The fishing here is fantastic, it's too bad its raining here today. I plan to hit the river early Sunday and bring home a stringer.

Good fishing to you,
    Doug

2. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    What a great river! The point of my visit was to visit, not fish by myself, so I went out from shore this morning between 6 and 8 am before everyone was awake, in the rain, and caught 7 channels on Secret-7, three were 24", the entire stringer that I returned with weighed 25 lbs. I need to invest in a scale so I can get fish weight more accurately.

Thanks j-mack for the pm with info on this river. Turns out it is fantastic if you are looking for eating sized catfish, and I have a feeling it might hold a lot of very large ones too.

Isn't it ironic that my friend who lives on this river doesn't even fish?

Attached Files:

3. Gr_Cat

Gr_Cat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Nice catch Doug, glad you had the chance to sneak away and try a new river...

4. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Way to go Doug!