Kaw

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by goingfishin, Jan 2, 2008.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Anyone having any luck @ the Kaw? It is going to be in the 50's this weekend and was thinking about going to give her a shot. Any advice? Any ice?:big_smile:

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    There is a fair amount of ice, around the edges and in big floating globs. As far as advice, dress warmly and avoid the ice. Seriously, I have not had much luck when the water is this cold, but I know it's possible to catch blues this time of year if you can find them. Good luck and be careful out there.

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

have fun with that. i am not going fishing till its like 60's at night or something real nice like that...lol

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I crossed over the river at lunchtime today (I-435). and it's pretty much wall to wall flowing ice now. It would be pretty hard to fish it at all until things thaw out some.

Tom, I get on a warm day here are there, but won't get to serious about it until the 1st of April or so. I'm with you, there are better things to do when it gets this cold.

5. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Clifton---Try the weir behind the water plant at Topeka. At least you'll have some liquid water.

6. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Do you think its deep enough there? I am going to go to the sportsmans show in KC Saterday to watch Jamison presentation. But I might go Sunday.:big_smile:

7. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I've been told that it has to be "real cold for a long time" before it freezes up, but I haven't checked it lately. This cold----I get my fishin' fix on the 'puter.