Kaw sand bass are running.

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by OkieBo, Apr 20, 2008.

1. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    My future brother in law and I went today. The water was up high! We got a good mess up on Little Beaver creek. I was using a small rapala shad rap and he was using minnow jig. I was catching the bigger ones. Had to make the presentation slow for big boys. The eggs were still small so i think one more week and things will slow down. Good luck if your headed that way! Take a partner if you ramp on the northern side. The water is backed up into the parking lot.

2. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Going back tommorow. I will post here on the results!

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck when you go back, and im glad to hear that you and your future brother in law went out today and fished sounds like you all had your self a fun time, keep us posted on how you do when you go back, and good luck to you.

4. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Sand bass stopped biting far up in the shallows picked up a few on the way out but not worth the trip. I think there run is over? The carp and gar are a plenty up there if that is your your thing.

5. zimzam

zimzam New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    A friend and I hit Kaw below the dam Saturday for Paddlefish and caught and released 10 from 25 to 70 pounds, also I fished for crappie and sand bass and caught 10.