kaw rookie

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by delbert bumbleshoot, Mar 26, 2008.

1. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Finally got a small outboard for my jon boat. So now I'm all set to cruise the lovely, scenic and aromatic Kaw. Where should I be fishing this time of year? I did catch a 46lb blue last fall by Kemper arena. I know I marked that spot on my gps so it will be one of my first stops. What about the mouths of creeks dumping in to the main river. I'm not opposed to trying for carp or channel cat or flatheads. If I can find some Gar we have a great time snagging them with jigging spoons with a big hook on the back. will be taking worms turkey liver,stink bait ,shad guts skipjack and maybe some green sunfish for bait. I could use someone who knows the river if anyones interested. Iwork for the state so I have every sat,sun and monday off. Ican hold my own on the channel cats but I'm a greenhorn on the flats and blue cats. Does anybody know how to compress pictures so I can post them. I have a scanner\printer but don't know how to use it or compress the files of the ones that are already digital pictures. I've got tons of pictures but can't post any of them. Eric

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Those are good areas to target right now. I dont know much about the Kaw but someone on here will help ya out and probably want to go.As far as resizing pictures I use paint shop pro. You can use any photo editing software. Looking forward to seeing pics.

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    right click on the pic , select open with , choose paint option, then go to image, resize, just take the percent down 50 percent on horiz. and vert. then save as , rename it , then you should be able to post it .

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    the paint option should be standard with any windows program, assuming your not using a mac computer

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    fishing on the Kaw isnt right just yet , I think some guys have been catching some channel cats here and there, but here in a couple of weeks if you wanna get out Ill show you some spots on the Kaw. :big_smile:

6. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Thanks for the info, I have changed my whole boat around want to at least get out and try the new motor. Idid have 2 107lb thrust 36 volt trolling motors on there to fish motor restricted lakes. With six deep cycles in the back of the boat I looked like ted kazinski the mad bomber or maybe an explosion at the spaghetti factory there were so many wires back there.Stay away from Motor guide trolling motors if you can guys.Even with a 50 amp breaker It still got so hot it literally melted the post down on the battery. Trying to keep 6 deep cycles on that boat working and 3 on the bass boat was a nightmare. Make sure you buy a digital trolling motor now they are almost bulletproof.So now i've got a '85 Johnson tiller short shaft electric start and a 74lb thrust minn kota it's only 24 volt and not temperamental at all like the 36 volt ones.Have to get out and run it.Maybe i'll run up the wakarusa and look for some white bass. I've got a total of 17 rod holders on a 16 foot boat 1/2 driftmaster 1/2 2"pvc pieces with hose claps to the gunnels.I'm itchin to go. Eric

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Sounds like something I would try, lol.