kaw river

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by catfish9, Jun 5, 2009.

1. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Lookin for any bait suggestions.fishin the kaw sat night

2. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    How about anything but mine:smile2:

3. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    shad, carp, & worms work well.

4. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Big gob a nightcrawlers will give you constant action. The sturgeon and carp and drum and buffalo love 'em.Once you catch the carp you hang him on a stringer cut his tail off and let him bleed into a bucket.scale him and cut him into one inch chunks for channel cats or two to three inch strips for blues. Vacuum seal the leftovers.Stays on the hook so good you can't get it off . You can try different types of scent attractant to soak it in. Skipjack caught the 2 in the tournament.Cut shad will get 'er done too. Maybe some gills for the flatts and you got you a redneck buffet out there.If you use the worms long enough maybe you can acheive the rare Arkansas Trifecta {Buffalo,drum and a sturgeon]. Throw in a carp and you got yourself a Grand Slam. And you know you've arrived at trash fish Nirvana if you can accomplish the rare Turkey Creek Quinella that's a buffalo,drum, sturgeon, carp and of course a gar. That's some fine eatin right there .Then you know you're the King of trash fishermen.Now that's funny right there. If you don't think that's funny you just ain't got no sense of humor at all.How many trash fish could I catch if I used 6 lines with worms instead of just one?