Kaw River Walleye

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by BIGCAT63, Feb 13, 2009.

1. BIGCAT63

BIGCAT63 New Member

State:
    kansas city.ks
    Hey BOC! Im new to the site but Im an avid fisherman I love to fish out of the KAW River off of 435. i was wondering if any fellow BOC members could give me some advice on where and how to catch them WALLEYE!:crazy:

2. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Welcome Walter,
    I can catch the heck out of Walleye in a lake, but I aint never fished for them in a river, I wouldn't know where to start. :roll_eyes::smile2:

3. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    We catch them in the Mississippi below the dams. We fish the current eddy at one edge or the other of the dam. We use a sonic lure or a jig with a curly tail or minnow or both. You need to be right on the edge of the current.

4. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Walter,i would'nt waste your time trying to catch walleye out of the river.i have caught 1 in my throw net a few years ago here in topeka.but here before too long the eyes will be up in the shallows spawning.water needs to get in the 50's and then they will be easy pickens on the dam of a lake of your choice.clinton,perry,melvern pomona etc.etc..

5. BIGCAT63

BIGCAT63 New Member

State:
    kansas city.ks
    Hey thanks guys for the info i appreciate it. I'll try the lakes and dam for them..​