kaw river dam in lawrence

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by ks catman, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    does anybody know if the dam is clear of ice on the south side

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

id have to look since i just live down the street but it wasnt when i last went by there.planning on fishing down there?kinda cold for me lol

3. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks for the info yea i was thinking of giving it a shot but im with you. I think its just little to cold for me right now. but if the temps hit in the 30s ill be down that way for sure. THANKS again for the info

4. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Was iced up solid Thursday evening, doubt anything has changed.

Got some crappie thawing in the sink...........that'll be as close to a fish as I'll be getting for a while:sad2:.

Was going to go try and pop a doe this evening but these old bones really hate this cold s&$t!!!!

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I'll help you package her!!

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    At the rate I'm going, don't think I'll even get her hanging in the garage:sad2:. Hoping for a little warmer weather for next weekend............something in the 20's(that's just wrong), then I'll get out.

Got a new muzzleloader I'd like to try out..........got to get a scope for it yet:crazy::embarassed::crazy:.

7. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks for the info! did you get a buck this year? I missed out on a nice 12 point during the rut damn thing was hot on a doe. but my 8 year old son got a 8 point.:cool2: i thought he was gonna knock the darn blind over after he shot it. but then again i wasnt much better:big_smile:

8. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

be seeing alot of good does charlie while out running traps theres plenty for sure

9. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    The thought of dragging a deer across a field with 3' of snow is enough to turn me off. If enough people want some jerky, I will be getting Larry's snowmobile out to haul it home.

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I could handle a couple pieces/pounds of deer Jerky Jay....:Happy:

11. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Jay that sounds more like a celebration ride than work.

12. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Ya, shot the first deer I had the chance at(and wasn't still suckling mama), spike buck. I'll take a nice set of horns if the opportunity arises, but I see deer as walking backstrap steaks...........if it's brown it's down.

My hopes for the mid 20's are fading fast:Mad::Mad:(proper emotionicon use).

13. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

well looks like the dam is getting a face lift from what i was told its going to be three or so feet taller and like six feet wider which means it will hold back that much more water on the upstream side.