Kaw river 435 bridge

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Big KC Cats, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Big KC Cats

Big KC Cats New Member

State:
    *Required*
    anyone caught any big fish out of there. last night got a 10lb bluecat not that good just need to know if any one wants to kill a night down there

2. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I have not had a lot of luck at 435.

3. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    If you ever want to go down there let me know. I have crappy days off ( Sunday and Monday nights) but I would be more than happy to go. I'm kinda skeptical about eating anything out of there when the JOCO landfill is within seeing distance. I know a couple of people that have caught decent sized fish in the 20-30lb range from there but nothing bigger than that.

4. Big KC Cats

Big KC Cats New Member

State:
    *Required*
    well I will let you know when I go out there I have crappe days off to I get 4 days on 4 days off but this week I am going back to work saterday so I dont know when my next days will be off on that time but I will tell when I can go I will let you know and I eat the fish out of there

5. sparky806

sparky806 New Member

State:
    Shawnee Kansas
    I haven't fished below 435 in quite a few years, but we used to catch some nice blues there. I have had several Blues over 60 and my daughter caught a 52 lb Flat back when she was about 9 years old. I will see if I can dig up the pictures of her standing next to it. It was much bigger than she was.

6. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    is that a good spot to fish in the winter time from shore for blues. i have never caught a blue and would like to. plus i get my licence in nov and i can go down there quite a bit. during the winter, is it better during the day or night.

7. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Brian, IMO it is not any good for winter time blue cats. I would stick to the Missouri fishing scour holes off wing dams.

8. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    ok geoff, thanks for the info.

9. Big KC Cats

Big KC Cats New Member

State:
    *Required*
    It is better to go at night time thats when I caught mine but I have never tried to go down there in the winter but if you want to try it I can go down there with you sometime so I dont know how it is

10. jeremy park

jeremy park New Member

I havn't had much luck down there, but if anyone wants to go fishing
    let me know, Any time is good for me.