Kaw Point

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by russKC, Nov 16, 2008.

1. russKC

russKC New Member

State:
    KANSAS CITY MO
    I just moved to KC and Kaw Point is close by. No boat at the moment, but how is the bank fishing there? Also, what kind of fish are there? Any other good spots to fish near the city?

2. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. Don't have anwsers for ya, but trust me, several on here will.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people. I am not familiar with your fishing hole, but there will be others. Good luck fishing

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Kaw Point is a decent place to fish from the bank at times. I've seen / heard of several 60lb+ fish being caught there, but unless the blue cats just happen to be passing through, it's usually pretty slow, and winter can be tough for bank fishing in general. In addition to blue cats, there are flatheads and channels, a few wipers, and a pretty big variety of less desirable fish.

Unfortunately you have to trespass to get to the river for most of it's length. Another good access is up at the low water dam just below I-435, which is about 18 river miles upstream, near Edwardsville. Park along Woodend Road just west of the Peterbuilt dealership, and walk down the path between Peterbuilt and the highway.

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Russ welcome to the BOC and welcome to the KC area. Gary hit the nail on the head with his info on the area.

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the Boc Russ. Gary is a wealth of info.

Tom

7. russKC

russKC New Member

State:
    KANSAS CITY MO
    Thanks for the welcomes and the info. Hopefully I will get out and do some fishing soon and report back. I did go to heritage park not too long ago to catch some trout and ended up catching several channels on power bait and worms instead. Did catch one trout though.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Russ. Gary F knows what he's talking about. Thanks for replying Gary.

9. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Russ welcome to the BOC and welcome to the KC area. i fish from the bank a lot at kaw point and i do good most of the time me and some friends fish this one spot a lot. most of the fish in my folder are from the kansas and up from ware the point is in to the missouri. good luck to you for the upcoming 2009:big_smile:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Welcome to the BOC Russ. Nice to have you on board.

11. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Welcome to the BOC!:big_smile:

12. russKC

russKC New Member

State:
    KANSAS CITY MO
    Those are some nice fish. I still havent caught anything out there yet, I had a hard time trying to catch some bait there. It looks like a good spot though. Thanks again to everyone for replying

13. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Welcome russ you will learn alot here:wink: