Kaw Point fishing trip

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by charbob4jesus, Sep 15, 2008.

1. charbob4jesus

charbob4jesus New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey brothers im going on a fishing trip with my brother inlaw at kaw point and i ave a fiew questions.
    1. if im using cut shad sides, what kind of hooks do i wanna use? and what kind of rig set up is suggested?
    2. if using live bluegill, what kind of hook and where do i hook the fish? what kind of rig should i use for this? any pics or diagrams will be helpfull.
    3. how long will the blugill last in a bucket of watter?

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey bro, check this section of the forum out...
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44

bluegills are hardy and will live days if you care for them by keeping the water changed or filtered and fresh. I keep gills in a rubbermaid tote with a hang on the back fishtank filter for days on end... when I go out in my small boat that don't have a circulating livewell I take a pot to dip out and change half the water with every hour to keep 'em fresh and lively.... water changes and keepin' them out of the hot sun while fishing... also watch what gets on your hands and insect repellent spray.

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    on a rig setup... Use a Carolina Rig and an 8/0 gamma circle hook...
    Hook you gills in the tail closest to its back fin. and i would recomend you go to walmart and buy a cheap airatior to keep the gills alive... I think a bubble box is $8. and that will keep your gills alive long enough for a night of fishing.. and if you choose to use them longer just change out the water like Dr.Pepper said

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Anyone wondering what "Kaw Point" is, it's our boat ramp / park near downtown Kansas City. I'm not sure if Charlie knows he posted under Indiana, but he did post the same question in the Kansas and Missouri sections.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah I noticed, there some big ol fatties hangin' out in that state too... And I hope he nails one of 'em!