Kaw Point cleanup 05/14/07

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by dougc, May 15, 2007.

1. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Brad called me yesterday to tell me that Wyandotte County Parks had taken down the barricades to the boat ramp, but didn't plan on trying to clean it up for another couple of weeks. He said to grab a shovel and come down and meet everybody for a couple of hours of work.
    Went down and met up with about a half dozen members of KC Catfish to clear the ramp so we can finally get back on the water and fish!

Thanks to everybody that showed up to help.
    Brad Kilpatrick
    Josh Dixon (crazy)
    Andrew Carnes (fishking)
    Ben Clumsky (bclumsky)
    Steve Snyder
    Jason Gilmore
    (I brought the big shovel!)

Attached Files:

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    More pictures from the cleanup.

Attached Files:

3. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Wish I would have Known I didnt work yesterday and might have been able to help!

4. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    That's awesome, good work fellows!!

Our mud isn't as thick as that, but the ramps here in Lawrence are basically unusable.

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    A big thanks to Scotts Tractor and Equipment in Smithville Mo. for providing us with the Kubota tractor to aid in the clean-up. There is no possible way We would have been able to get the ramp cleared without it! If you have a need for any of Scotts Tractors products or services, I would stongly urge You to give them a chance to earn your buisness. Support those who support You! http://www.scottstractor.com/

The ramp is cleared and usable but the park is still a mess! Friends of Kaw Point Park has a clean up scheduled for June 2nd. I am currently trying to contact them to see If Kansas City Catfish can be of any further assistance. These are the kinds of things that catfishermen need to get involed in to change the image of our sport. I'll post more details as I get them.

6. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Wow,
    What a mess! I echo Charlie's comment Good work!

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Wow, that was a lot of mud. Thanks to everyone for your hard work on that!

8. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Awesome job you guys! Kudos to everyone who helped out on that.
    I know it is the 'Big Muddy', but it is still amazing to me how much mud that river can leave behind.

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    great job guys maybe next time you could get some big trucks to sling some of that slop back were it belongs it. it probally wouldnt do as good of job as the tractor but it be fun trying.

Attached Files: