Kaw or Keystone

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by Dadoftwo, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    This might be a redundant question, but which area of the Arkansas is better for catfishing; below Kaw or above Keystone? I will be using a boat so a ramp would be a plus also.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Yes, I'd say in that area. LOL. I am prejudice to Kaw more than to Keystone, so I'd rather fish closer to it. No reason, just personal preference

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey im not from your area but im sure theres alot of people on here that fishes there that could help ya

4. dent60

dent60 New Member

State:
    kansas
    kaw can be good below dam at times but you can get caught real easy if the change the water flow or if you get to far down river. on the lake side any ramp is good to excellent depending on wat time of year. washunga,sarge, and pioner are good year round, but like any open lake dependa on tour boat nothing uncommon to 4-5 ft sweels anyware on the lake when you go to load.

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    When fishin below Kaw it is very imprtant to listen to the sirens. If they shut the water off you cant get a boat out and if they open her up you might be in for the ride of your life. We used to tie up to the cable with all of the top gates open.Add in the rooster tails and that place creates its own storms. I love that place!! Its for the fisherman/adrenaline junkie.LOL

6. zimzam

zimzam New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Better call ahead first as the water below kaw was so low that you could walk cross the rocks from one side to the other. The boat ramp was so low you couldn't launch a boat with a trailer as the wheels dropped off the edge of the ramp.

7. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    In my humble opinion, you gotta go on downstream a little to Webbers Falls or Kerr to find the best catfishing.

Bring yer boat and be ready for an Arkansas Sleigh Ride when that big ol' Bluecat takes the bait!:smile2: