Kaw launch on the Republican River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, May 16, 2009.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    There was a picture in the local rag where they're putting a new ramp down to the Kansas River, where the Republican River and the Smokey Hill River come together, just before you come to the Ft. Riley main gate.
    I'll see if I can get it scanned tomorrow, my scanner's busted.
    Probably only be good for canoes or small flatbottom boats, not a lot of water there unless the Republican and/or the Smokey is running pretty good.

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thanks for the info Jim.
    That sounds like it would be a nice place to bank fish.:wink:
    Maybe a launch for the next float trip?:smile2:

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I used to Catfish there years ago, when I could walk:wink:, now I'll be able to drive down there and Catfish again:smile2:. Lately I've been thinking about getting another flat bottom with a little motor just for back in CCrk cove, now, I'll be thinking harder.:roll_eyes:, gotta be careful though, don't wanna blow any fuses:smile2:

4. duane kingsbury

duane kingsbury New Member

State:
    kansas
    hi Jim, how did you and Jay do this weekend the weather was reall great. Wish I could have been there, but I was busy spraying musk thistle in my pasture. real fun but kept peace with the little woman.:smile2::smile2: might try to get down next weekend to check things out before I come down for the weektuesday after memorial day. I don't know if I want to fight the bunches of people who will be there though.