kaw lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dent60, Apr 13, 2008.

1. dent60

dent60 New Member

State:
    kansas
    well we tried kaw sat 4-12. went to washunga and headed north tried the west of lake caught 6 3 channels 3 blues biggest went 6. bite was real slow water was 52. still alittle cold but lake was up 8 ft. wind probaly 30 mph out of wnw. preety soory fishin but we tried. lots of jugs out only saw 1 other boat on lake. 2 were loading when we launched 1 other trailer wene we loaded. upper end across newkirk bridge water was real muddy and full of debri. good luck to everyone!

2. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I am headed there this saturday myself to try out the crappie bite.

3. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    it looks like if a guy is going to fish this spring he is going to have to figure out how to catch them in this high water. it ain't going nowhere soon. also, i think out of the six times we have been this year the wind has blown out of the north five of them. we have come to the conclusion though that if it has blown at least 24hrs out of that direction we can catch fish. doesn't make for the most pleasant of conditions.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    congrats on your catches and trip

5. shadmaster

shadmaster New Member

State:
    OK
    Went out Monday. All day really slow. Only caught a few small blues. Could find lots of fish but they just weren't having it. Water was really high. The dock walkway at Sarge was under water. Lots of wood in the water. A nice calm day for a change. The shad were easy to find but it just wasn't happening for us.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Went down to the dam today to see how its doin.lol. Windy as HE!!.Not running any water and all was quiet.Not good.Talked to one guy who snagged a 25 lb spoonbill and seen 4 others with no luck.Heard that they wont be runnin any water until the 22nd. By then the lake will be way up and they will probably have to open it all up. Then it is time.

7. zimzam

zimzam New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    My friend call the generator number and they said they will be letting water out Wednesday and Thursday. Probably due to more rain coming in Thursday.

8. dent60

dent60 New Member

State:
    kansas
    well we went back today 4-21put

9. dent60

dent60 New Member

State:
    kansas
    well we went back today 4-21. put in at traders bend went north to green hagen,chiloco creek,ledges what ever your are famailiar with the name. 3 boats one airboat 2 16ft vs. airboat caught 19 keepers,one boat caught18,and we culled back to 30. our biggest went 11 lbs. best action was south of rocks at above mentioned spot. every boat was using stink bait. bite was real sparrotict. either running of with it or peck peck
    we our boat caught 85 fish for the day all total very few under 1 1/2lbs. we had half whites half channels. p.s. the reason we kept 30 was to give to masonic hall for their anual fish fry. as always good luck to every one.

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sounds like things are pickin up.Was the water up Traders Bend? Last time I was there it was flooded real bad and it was muddy. Im hopin to head there pretty soon, I finally go my OK liscense.:big_smile:

11. dent60

dent60 New Member

State:
    kansas
    lake was still up 10.7 according to odw, water was 67 degrees in river we never went south of boat ramp. be carefull if you go down corp of eng. starting releasing late mon afternoon 4-21 the bite slowed a little bit . you could tell there were realising by the current flow that far up. my partner is going thursday 4-24 in the lake i cannot go have to go to that *****job. if you are not that famialer with this section of lake be carefull going north it will drop preety quick up north , but the rocks are real good this time of year.just watch the current and the water level on the bank. if can make it this far with an outboard tou can alwas drift back into deep enough water to use motor enough to guide you back. as always good luck to everyone.