Kaw Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by KansasKatter, Dec 6, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Hey guys and gals, where is the best place to chase some blues on Kaw Lake this time of year? We went there Thanksgiving weekend and caught a few small blues, all in about 4' of water. We were fishing around Coon Cove, are there any better spots?

Thinking of heading down Saturday, supposed to be back in the 50's after cold day tomorrow.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Jeff, saw your post yesterday and went to get the fishing report for you. Site crashed before I could get back. At any rate, fishing is extremely slow except for sandies below the dam in the tailwater area. They are not releasing water. You may send a PM to Riverbunny who is from that area and probably would know. Looper is also from that area, up around Newkirk. Heck, he might even go fishing with you. Luck.

3. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Kansas,

The lake is back up over 1010 depth so if you have a boat launch it at Washunga Bay and fish up in Beaver Creek. I heard they were catching some up there on cut shad. If you are on foot and fishing from the bank
    you can park along the Washunga bridge and fish around the rip rap. Good luck and remember even if you don't catch any it is still a beautiful day to be out:smile2:

4. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Misty, do you know of any area bait shops or local businesses that sell lake maps of Kaw. I can't find one down here and was just looking around for something.Thanks,Allen

5. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma