kaw lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 01richard, Oct 19, 2009.

1. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    going to kaw this weekend looking for any info on the fish thanks for any help you can give

2. hog223

hog223 New Member

State:
    southern logan county ok
    my friend went there last thursday & caught some blues in the upper end of the lake out of coon creek. the weather was bad but he caught fish.

3. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    thank you for the info have a good day

4. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
  5. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Kaw now has a new lake record blue it was taken on a jug line around the Sarge area 56.5lbs.
    And no darn it it wasn't me.
    Loop

6. dent60

dent60 New Member

State:
    kansas
    heard about it but no pics. saw a friend from newkirk this morning at breakfeast on our way to kaw. he said it was in paper this week thought it was the ponca paper.

7. dent60

dent60 New Member

State:
    kansas
    hope this works, found a article in the poncacitynews.com web site. if it works here it is if not go to poncacitynews.com.Another Kaw Lake Record Set

[​IMG] PAT J. SCHILL of Kaw City set a Kaw Lake record for a Blue Catfish on Oct. 15 as he brought in this 56.5 . . . (Published Wed, Oct 21, 2009) Read The Entire Story Here

8. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    thanks for the story i had to work so i didnt get togo sounds like i missed out

9. airdrop

airdrop New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    A friend on mine 2 weekends ago caught a 50 lb Blue on jug line just off the creek channel . So I'd try in the old channel in the day or night with cut or live bait down deep for that big'un . hope you had a good time.

10. Rod 1970

Rod 1970 New Member

State:
    ok
    Richard im new on here. Took my 7yr old sunday. her I & a buddy caught 18 blues around the cellar cove. Put in at coon lots of mud & trash there but found clean water down there. Caught 36 last week in same area. Fished the river next to the millet 2&3weeks ago all chanells & lotsssss! of them!

11. dent60

dent60 New Member

State:
    kansas
    sat right across from em could not catch a fish he was on em hot and heavy. old stinky and i will give em an education next time. ha ha:cool2: