Kaw Lake Dam

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by Dadoftwo, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Went fishing yesterday and most of the night. I believe I caught all of the Buffalo below the dam. I caught them on whole shad, cut shad, nightcrawlers and even cut Buffalo that I caught in my throw net. I must have caught 7 of them. I did manage to bring in a 5# blue and a couple of small channels. Oh well. My son had a great time playing around and helping with whatever we caught. All in all I would have to say that we had a good time.

2. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Sounds like you still had a good time. At least you were catching something, right?:big_smile:

Plus, just being out fishing with the kids is usually a good time. Those buffs really bit hard, don't they? Sometimes when the catfish aren't biting, I don't mind a school of them coming through and stretching the line a bit.

3. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I always take my medium action spinning rod with me just in case that happens. Them Buffalo will tear you up with a spinning rig spooled with 10lb test line. FUN!!

4. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Some guy in town tryed to tell me that buffalow wasan't bad to eat. I told him that he had been laying the sun to long.