Kaw Lake Cats

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfish clinton, May 11, 2009.

1. catfish clinton

catfish clinton New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Has anybody caught anything outta Kaw Lake lately? And, is Kaw easy to fish from the banks or do you need to have a boat? I spend my summers in Ark City and plan on fishin' Kaw this year. I don't know the lake and could use a little help.

2. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Clinton - You could fish the area around Washunga Bridge from the bank and catch some cats. There are a lot of cats caught in that area during the summer. What part of Nebraska are you from? Have you fished Merritt for the big channels?

3. catfish clinton

catfish clinton New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I'm from the sandhills but haven't fished Merritt. I've heard that there are a lot of nice cats in there. I usually go to some of the smaller lakes and ponds around.

4. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have caught channels to 15#'s from Merritt which I released. I have known friends who have caught and released 25# ers from there as well. I also hunt merriam's around Neligh,Ne. I have clients in Valentine,Atkinson,Ainsworth,Neligh,Dakota City and parts South.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    AND, although George is too modest to say so, he catches plenty of cats from Kaw. LOL. Jigs up, George.

6. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, the cats are outta the bag now:embarassed:. AWSHUCKS! WE GOTTA TALK.:eek:oooh: