Kaw Lake Camping

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Dadoftwo, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Does anyone know if there is places to set up a campsite below the dam on the river of Kaw Lake? If so, where would they be. I will be fishing up there for the first time this weekend and want to be able to stay overnight with my boy.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I don't know of any campsites below the dam. There are some rec sites on the highway to the dam, and some camp sites around the lake. It would be about a 15 min. drive to camp at Coon Creek. Think there is one on the east side of the lake which is closer. My buddy and his family are going camping at Washunga Bay for a week over the 4th of July. And, it it hold up, there should be some good camping in about 6 weeks...if you don't mind sharing with Arkansaw hillbilly and a couple of Texas runts. LOL

3. zimzam

zimzam New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    There are campsites below the dam on the east side, (boat ramp side) it's Blaine Park - Class Designation: C
    Facilities include: Designated Campsites, Restrooms (vault), Playground, Hiking Nature Trail, Boat Ramp. No services are available November thru March, therefore no camping fee will be charged.

Park Opens: Year Round 580-886-2989
    16 Sites, April 1 – Oct 31 - Non-utility - $8.00

4. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    There is camping below the dam but it fills up really fast there is also really good camping above the dam on the east is osage cove and the west is Mcfadden cove both are nice places and within a few minutes of below the dam

5. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    The site below the Dam is pretty nice. Well shaded and just a short drive/walk to the ramp and the dam. Hopefully they are runnin some water when you go.