Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Now, I aint no expert on Kaw, but I do have about 6 seasons of intensive fishing experience on the Arkansas River between Keystone and Coweta on the River for all kind of species. I imagine that your northern stretch of the river may have similar habits. Sandies are one of my favorite species because of the fast action that can be had durring their spring and fall runs to the dams or other major obstructons. In springtime, I've noticed that as soon as the dogwood trees start blooming in mass you better be fishing the dam's as frequently as possible durring that week. If youre persistent you'll find some of the fastest fishing you've ever seen. And from my experience if you can catch the early edge of the run youll catch the biggest fish, the 3+ LBers seem to migrate first followed by the swarms of 1/2 lbers. 2 years ago I caught a sandy below Zink dam durring the early run that hung 6lbs on a spring scale, photoed and released. Traditionally you can look for this to happen between mid march to mid April depending on the warming trend of the year. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beaver and Otter have some BIG crappie as well. If these are the same small creeks I am thinking of around Shidler. We caught some very nice ones 2 years ago....I am truckless at the moment so I can only go were the ford 500 takes me LOL. The wife just graduated college so I will get another truck here soon. The ole 92 4 runner finally died one me. Thanks for the tips

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.