Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
101 - 120 of 149 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·
9 minutes of CCR Keep on Chooglin. It's right up my alley, and I will play a riff from it for you when time permits. It would be kinda difficult to jam the whole song without accompaniment. I only play guitar when nobody else is around, so don't get impatient. May be days or more, but I will do it. I don't sing either. I'm gonna post it here, so I know where it is, and so others can rock out if they so desire.

[youtubevid]mUzl7_OpVLA[/youtubevid]

Matt: You seem a man of the world, perhaps even of the universe. Let me ask you a question. Get your guitar out and whack some notes while thinking about this.

Was Einstein full of BS?

There is a theory, the Copernican theory that states that we, "The Earth" have no special place in the universe. We are simply part and parcel of the universe, or cosmos in general and all is equal everywhere. Copernicus's theory is based on two assumptions. Homogeneity and isotropy.

That is being challenged now by a new, as yet unproved theory, that our portion of the universe, a vast space, is in fact a bubble in the rest of the universe. With the advent of new technology and telescopes some folks are doing some things with photon activity and some have come to the conclusion that Copernicus's theory is wrong. Now this won't help you bake bread any better but what would your take on this be.

That having been said, if the guitar just doesn't feel good in your hands at the moment send us a video of you singing "Cattle Call". Wanna hear ya yodel. God, when in the mood, I like that song.

Talk at ya latter chief.

PS, I frankly don't care how ya answer the question I proposed above, I have no (.......) clue myself.

John.

Discussion starter · #104 ·
John, being a man about the universe, I have a theory. Usually, my theories must be alkaloid induced. Ergotism works best...until you die. I will consider Copernicus' theory, and get back to you when I'm not on my way to work.

Your new aviator is something else. LOL

Thanks Jim. Brings back some old memories.

Discussion starter · #109 ·
John, I have been pondering your question. I thought of many rhetorical questions to use as filler to give the illusion of intelligence. Instead, since you don't care how I answer, I will give it to you straight doc...mostly 'cause I'm sober.

Although not a student of astronomy, my astrology skills give me enough of a preface to answer this question in a coherent manner. :roll_eyes:

First things first. Was Einstein full of BS? BS meaning most of his published ideas were either false, flawed, or just made up gibberish. Yes, in my opinion Einstein was full of fecal matter. That said, his genius inspired a generation, and great things have been accomplished due to his studies, and rantings. Some of the most inspired art, music, and science have little basis in reality or the conventional arrangement that we associate with lucid perception. :confused2: Makes it no less significant. Possibly no more significant either....but certainly no less.

Nicolaus Copernicus. Although not a student of his, I agree with his theory that the Earth is not the center of the Universe. If I were to argue against that, I would make the case that the Universe has no boundary, therefore any particular point would be as much the center as any other point. It is equidistant from our equator to the end of the Universe as it is from the equator of Polaris to the end of the Universe. HOWEVER, I tend to think in the microcosm. If all things are units of something larger, then our Universe must also be a unit of something larger, therefore lending the notion that there must be an end to our Universe, and our planet is not the center of our Universe.

That is not to say that our parcel of our Universe is not "special". Certainly, according to the human psyche, the Earth is VERY special, and resides in a very special space within the Universe...center, or not.

Discussion starter · #111 ·
...then our Universe must also be a unit of something larger, therefore lending the notion that there must be an end to our Universe, and our planet is not the center of our Universe.
Sorry. Ran out of time. IF there is an end to our Universe, and the same laws of physics apply everywhere within our Universe, then it would be a physical impossibility for the Earth to occupy the center of it [Universe] due to it's [Earth] minuscule mass in relation to all other mass within the Universe.

Of coarse all of this is blind to the fact that it is easy to observe the Earth moving within our own solar system, therefore ruling out the possibility of being the center of our solar system, and the Universe by default.

Have you ever heard of the Triple Veil of the Negative, John? Or, Ain Soph Aur? It is a philosophy of the beginning of time, space, and all matter within as described by Hebrew Mystic Kabbalists. Check into it if you have the time or intrest. There are three veils. Ain, Ain Soph, & Ain Soph Aur.

Quid Pro Quo Miss Congeniality! :smile2: If you sing 'Over the Mountain', as arranged by Ozzy Osbourn, and post that for all to see in this thread, I will be more than happy to yodel 'Cattle Call'.

Discussion starter · #112 ·
Dangit John. I didn't see no deer to shoot yesterday. Well, I saw one by the road across from my usual hunting spot. Coulda pulled in the driveway, and popped it, but I didn't. Hope Wednesday will be better. Most of the hunters will be back to work.

Mornin' Matt. You will get your deer. Makes it more fun if you can't get one right away. LOL

I have three tags, shotgun (1st season) starts Dec 6th. I am allowed either 3 does or 1 doe and two bucks. Got deer in extremely high populations here. See deer everyday from my kitchen window or from my barn. Dogs are running them out the yard all night.

For the first time since 1963 I am not going to kill a deer this year, or even poach one. Just not in the killing mood. Like fishing, I catch 'em and let 'em go cause I don't want to clean them. Same mood I am in about a deer this year.

Take care Matt. Good Luck, John.

" I catch 'em and let 'em go cause I don't want to clean them. Same mood I am in about a deer this year. "

Your female abilities doesnt have to be bragged about all the time John, we all know you are the man, besides what kind are you catching if you have to clean them first?????

Discussion starter · #115 ·
John, Sheila makes great chili. That's what I'm having for lunch. Leftover from Sunday. Made with ground beef, ground bison, and arm roast. I had her toss in some whole cayennes for me to chew on. I like hot. She don't. That is the best way for us to find a happy medium. Gooood stuff Maynard!

Mornin' Matt. I have a number of recipes for deer chili. About the only way I eat deer. Usually crockpot.

With me not killing a deer this year as I said above, chili will be few and far between. Nancy has gone on a pretty restricted diet for her weight control and many of the things we have routinely eaten are off the list. One of the things she has done is severely restrict portions, i.e. she eats like a banty hen. So if I make things like a pot of chili it barely gets eaten and I am running out of room in the freezer with frozen containers of this and that.

You mentioned bison. It is difficult to come by here. If found it is very expensive. My experience is that it is too dry (not enough fat) Apparently your store sells it. Do you add anything to it when you prepare it? Like hamburger?

Willcat: I am fortunate to have a well stocked farm pond. Plate sized bluegill, bass to 3 lbs and some really nice channels. Problem is the bluegill are loaded with white and black grubs, so I don't process them. I don't like to eat bass and the channels are our pets. If I river fish I won't eat them out of fear of pollution. I do river fish often for channels and smallmouth. All are let go. About the only thing I will fish and eat is trout from the local state stocked streams. The problem here is that there are always so many people present I that refuse to fish. So I am between a rock and a hard place.

Later, John.

Discussion starter · #117 ·
Well, my buddy's ex-oldlady works a the Heartland Elk Ranch. Used to get free elk sticks....and bison burger. This was the first time I ate any of the bison. It is very lean, and dry. In chili, it just added some consistancy. Something to chew on. I like beef better, but it was great anyhow.

So, I'm supposed to be hunting right now...at this moment. As usual, I'm waiting on some body. This is my last day to bag a deer, so I'm not very happy. Not happy at all. Sucks being the punctual one sometimes. It's not just that. This guy is always late. You know the song 'Waitin' on a Woman'? We had this discussion last night. "Are we gonna be able to get in the woods before daybreak"? "I really wanna be out there early!"

Doc, my dog won't kill the cat even though it attacks her repeatedly. She even yelps and runs from the cat sometimes. What is wrong with my dog?
She's a wuss... LOL

Ours use to do that with the cats... now she bites back, but doesn't actually hurt them. She just let's them know she ain't gonna take it no more.

Matt I sense something fairly deep seated here, not necessarily between the dog and the cat. Who the H... knows with that kind of thing. Could be the dog is a wuss like takeaction says or perhaps the cat is that tough that that dog knows it is toast if it goes after the cat.

Just get a tougher dog next time.

No Matt, I sense something Freudian here. If I get out of the Vet business and into the Psychological world the fees increase substantially. Just so you are aware. I need the extra money now because beer prices keep going up.

So........because I have such a well structured and sane life I feel I can adequately tell you how to handle this dilemma. Find about a 3 lb ball peen hammer. Strike the cat once and only once between the eyes. Should suffice. Now while the dog is sleeping place the cat next to the dog quietly. Go out the room and get Sheila with tears in your eyes. Peel some onions so you got enough tears. Tell her the dog offed the cat and you are extremely sorry. Take her some flowers also, always helps.

She of course will be quite upset, may even scream and lash herself. Console her Lad, wipe her brow and give her at least a day. Volunteer to bury the cat with full military honors and tell Sheila that you will withhold food from the dog for one day as punishment.

I am sure things will work out well.

Later, John.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.