Kat's Doodle Pad:

Discussion in 'Art Appreciation' started by kat in the hat, Jan 2, 2009.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sheila got me a doodle pad thingy for the computer, and it is way cool. I'll post some of my doodles here as I do them.

Attached Files:

2. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Here's another. This one is just the early sketch of something I'm working on. I'll poist the finished piece when it's done.

Attached Files:

3. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    This was the first thing I did with the tablet.

Attached Files:

4. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    nice job, i can't even draw stick figures :eek:oooh:

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Explain more .Are you getting this from some site? Or drawing this yourself?

6. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Drawing it myself. I draw. I'm an artsy-fartsy find of guy. From animated cartoons, to tattoo designs, to full blown oil paintings. I haven't been doing much in recent years aside from some simple cartoons on the computer. Sheila got me a drawing tablet for the computer for Christmas, and I love it. It lets me capture my style in the digital world. Can't do that with a mouse. I use...have been using a drawing program called Paint.net. It is a free download, and has worked well for me. I know there are better programs, but they cost $$$. I will use what I have until I outgrow it.

There are examples of some of my tattoo type designs, and fantasy art in this section that I scanned, and posted a long time ago.

Anyways, it feels good to be drawing again. I don't know if Sheila likes me being on the computer ALL the time, but it's fun...and I never have to sharpen my pencils! :cool2:

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Am going to have to look into this more..Thank's

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Am going to have to look into this more..Thank's for the reply...It's bed time now here lol so Goodnite :smile2:

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Lookin good Matt. Keep postin them up for us to see!!

10. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
  11. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Great pictures. What's the program called, the drawing tablet? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it as I am also one of the artsy ones.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    You have some talent there Matt, I wish I could draw more than stick figures.

13. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I tried to draw a crooked line one time and it came out straight. I envy ya'll. Great looking stuff!

14. Lawrence Bridges

Lawrence Bridges New Member

State:
    sc
    sounds like you are moving on up

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll have to say that I am very impressed Matt. I too shall have to look into this doodle pad business :big_smile:

16. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Jack, I have seen a couple of your paintings...need I even say they are awesome! I apreciate your kind words.

Travis...My drawing program is low budget. Actually it's free. It's called Paint.net. I like it because I know how to use it. There are better programs, and someday I might upgrade. 'Till then, this works...and is free, which means alot to me. :wink: You can work in separate layers, then flatten them together when you are satisfied.

The drawing pad is an Aiptek. Again, there are better ones out there, but this one works fine for what I do. Wacom makes all different sorts of drawing pads if you are real serious about you art.

17. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Would Adobe Photoshop work in place of the Paint.net program?

If you haven't heard of it, there's a site called deviantart.com, it's a great place for artist to share. If you haven't heard of it, you should definitely check it out sometime.