Katbobbers = Added fun to your trip to the lake...

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by SubnetZero, Jun 3, 2008.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Decided to hit the lake last nite to chase some Flatheads..
    Didn't take the boat, just decided to to try the bank... I found a point next to the mouth of a cove and setup shop..

I had my flathead lines going out and to the left of the cove on a slope that ran from 12' of water to around 4 at the bank (bass guy cruising through gave me a rough idea of the lay of the land)..
    After while of just a few real short runs, got to looking at the mouth of that cove.. I'm guessing it was 6-8' at the mouth...

Rigged up one my rods with a Katbobber and a glowstick and set it at around 4ft.. Threw on a lively blue gill and pitched it out...
    Was actually kinda fun to watch that gill dance around but not really able to go much of anywhere.. Was thinking it had to get bit with all the action it was making...

Wasn't long before the Katbobber started slowly walking out of the mouth headed for deeper water :big_smile: ... Let the line tighten and load up a bit and set the hook.. Reeled in a small channel that wasn't much bigger than the gill I put on there hehe :smile2: ....

Watching the Katbobber dance around sure did break up the monotonous staring at my rod tips and line....Also produced my only fish last nite...

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I love fishing that way at night on the local lake here, nothing better than watching that katbobber & glow stick dance around, and even get pulled under sometimes!!!!!

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I have to agree, I love my Kat-Bobbers! They are the best I've used. That reminds me, If I'm ever able to get back out again I'm gonna need more glow sticks soon, for some reason I've lost(broke) half of them even though they were in the tube????? I even had a rag in it to keep them from rattling around. That stinks because they are perfect for my style of night fishing!:confused2::sad2:

4. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I use katbobbers everytime I go,I never leave the house without them. My PB Blue from the other night came on my katbobber and light stick.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I bought some and Gene showed me how to take embordory thread and tie stops on my line so i could use it as a slip float.

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL