Katbobber Users, Please respond

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by SubnetZero, Sep 27, 2006.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I'm wanting to get and try out a KatBobber. Trying to figure out which size the best. Im thinking a 4 " ???

I'm wanting to use it for fishing Flatheads, using LIVE bluegill roughly hand size.

What do you guys recommend?

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That's the one I use and Like it. you will be surprised how big a bait it will float and it is set up for a glow stick for night use.

3. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    No matter witch size you use, the Blue Gill won't pull it under. He mite swim with it. I use the 4 in with a 3 oz wieght, it slow down the swim on the Blue Gill. Also I think that it has more resistant on it when the flathead starts to pull it under so I think it give a better hook set. Get you a couple and have fun fishing.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I do the same thing Kittycatcher does. With the heavier weight sinker I have had trouble with the teflon tape for stop knots slipping so I've went with the pre-tied stop knots and haven't had any trouble with them slipping.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I got a couple different, they all work well. Unless you are using some world record gills they wont pull em under. LMAO

6. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tim come on out I use the katbobbers I'll show ya how good they work

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    The 4 inch will work well:smile2:

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    iv only used mine once it worked i hung a fish at 25' suspended but it got off lol i used a 2oz weight to hold down 1/2 a 12" shad fresh cut i use a rubber band for slip stop its flexible enough to go thru eyes of the rod but doesnt slide

9. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Trevor(bigredsbbq):

Got the pic today you sent and put it in the photo Gallery. I wish more of the Guys that are catching fish on our products would do the same.

Thanks Much:

Gene

10. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    I just got this e-mail with pics from Rob (Rushing) here on the BOC.

Nice Fish for Sure.

Hey Gene,

This is "Rushing" up in MN. I have a couple of pictures you could throw up on your gallery if you like. These arethe two best fish I got in the short couple of months left in the season after I got my kat bobbers lastsummer.

My first flattie with a kat bobber (17lbs). Fished about 7ft down in in about a 12ft deep eddy in front of a creeek mouth, using a bullhead, on the Minnesota River.

Biggest Flathead I have caught with a kat bobber so far was this 33lber that came on a bullhead fishing a giant eddy that was about 6ft deep.

Can't wait for winter to be over so I can grt back out on the river!

Take Care!
    Rob

Thanks

Gene

Attached Files:

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Gene that shows more great catches with a Great Product. Keep up the great work.
    Pete

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I placed my first order earlier this week. I can't wait to try them out! I will post pics of any fish I catch on this bobber.