KatBobber Users Feedback Please!!!

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by akwolf41, Apr 16, 2006.

1. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Ok You KatBobber Users:

We at Maine-Wolf Products have Sold, Given away in BOC Drawings, and just Flat Given away several Hundred KatBobbers to members here on the BOC over the Past year. We would like all you people that have used them to give us as much feedback so as to see if we need to make any improvements or etc. We have just recently changed the way we are assembling the KatBobber. We no longer are putting a cap on the top and bottom as to put the straw through the bobber to run your line. It is now being assembled with the top and bottom parts retrofitted to allow the installation of the straw with ouy a cap. Makes a nicer, cleaner looking product in our opinion. We have tryed different foam colors and have now settled on the Yellow color as we feel that is much easier color to see on the water. We feel we have without a doubt the BEST Slip type Fishing float made for catfishing when suspending bait to present to the Feeding fish. These are our thoughts, NOW Let's hear your thoughts and comments.

You do appreciate all of your support as we want to furnish all you catfishermen and women the best products on the market.

Thanks;

Gene and Johnny

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have used the one I won and love them. I have posted about them more than once and directed or I ordered people to click on your site.

I have made many types and used all the old stand by we all have tried. the only ones I have made that come near the kat bobber are the one I made of noodles and it just isn't worth making them. My home made bobbers never float the same way and that makes me wonder.The Kat bobbers are much better quality, You just can't tear them up and they float every time the same way, never a problem. In the long run it will cost me less to use the Kat bobbers.

Now if you night fish the Kat bobber again wins hands down. The 8 inch light stick fits into the built in hole like a glove. Even in windy conditions you have a light sticking 1 foot above the water. You never wonder where your bobber is and if you don't see it you have a fish on. I haven't yet but I plan on using them for some of my bass fishing. Yes bass fishing. I love to eat bass. I may use them on my next Daytona Beach trip also I think they would float my soft baits under the bridges and by the docks for those tasty trout.

Thanks
    Danny

3. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Thanks for the info Danny.

If a person hasn't seen em and tryed them, They can not be appreciated.

Appreciate your posting;

Gene

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I have tried any yet since the rivers and stuff are so high and in danger if busting levees right now but when it gets down again after all these rains and flooding I plan to buy some and try them and see how I like them they do have my attention thats for sure.

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I Like and am saving to come back to this post.

6. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I like them, they are well made and seem to hold up very well. They have enough bouyancy(sp?) to hold up big live baits so that their not always getting pulled down by lively baits. You can see them very well at night with the 8in glow sticks, I like to wrap the glow sticks around the Katbobbers with the connecters, this gives you a 360 degree view of the glow sticks, unlike the smaller glow sticks that can get hidden behind other floats. You will have my repeat business. :) :) :)

They are also very easy to thread heavy fishing lines through, unlike other floats where you have to carry a piece of guitar sting to thread them.

Also you can't go wrong with the price either, so if anyone hasn't tried them I suggest you all do. Sorry I could go on all day.

Thanks Gene, theses are great products I enjoy using them. :)

7. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Caught my first fish on one last night. They work flawlessly Gene. It was a 15# channel on the large size bobber and it plumb tuckered him out trying to hold that bobber under lol.

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I have bought several and won a few and love them. We had a situation where the water was down for almost a year and when they brought the level up there is a lot of dying grass. When I throw out a 2 oz sinker with a lively bait on there they are nosing into the grass and only the most agressive fish is gonna find it. This is only in about 4-5 feet of water. I was out Thursday and 90% of my bites came on the bobber set at 2 feet. It was a blast watching a big channel slash at it. I can't wait until I find some shovelheads on em.

Technical stuff: I tied a bobberstop knot of sorts and it slid thru the hole. Then I fixed it with a rubber band. Where can I find beads to do it the right way? I also rigged up and forgot to attach my 1/2 oz sinker and tried to make up for it with split shot. I thought it might not be a bad idea to put a heavy washer or something with weight on the bottom of the bobber to keep it upright, however if the stupid fisherman would rig it correctly, it wouldn't be an issue. This is an A+ product and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is serious about catching fish.

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've had a set of KatBobbers for about a year, and have caught several decent sized cats on them. There was one night on a flooded stream south of KC where I could float the KatBobber under an overhanging branch and get a bite most every time. The other folks around had no way to do this, and they weren't catching anything.

I like that I can use a heavier sinker without pulling them under. This can make a big difference in current, such as a river or spillway. And the glowstick slot works great. I need to use these a little more, it seems like they are usually in my other tackle bag when I find myself wanting to rig up with one.

10. Riverjake

Riverjake New Member

State:
    Joplin MO
    The best I have ever used for larger baits and heavier sinkers. I have not had a chance to use the 5-1/2" Kat Bobbers but think I will like them even better for the larger stuff. The glow stick setup works really nice and is easy to pick up from a farther distance than any lighted bobber I have tried thus far.

Not to mention that Gene is super to deal with and you will find that he will go out of his way to make sure you are satisified with his products.

Riverjake
    Dale Garrett
    Joplin, MO

11. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Hey Gene...Kinda like mine a little. Be sure and have some extras at Keystone , I need a few more.:p I much prefer them over the cigar bobbers I used to get at tackle shops and wally world.

Shawn...U can find the beads at wally world, catfish connection or cabellas. Also U might want to check the sewing notion section too.