Katbobber Strikes Again...

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by SubnetZero, Oct 3, 2007.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Finally was able to get out today for a few hours.
    Major Storms moved through last nite, wasn't sure how the bite would be today. Showed up at the lake, water levels were extremely low (nearby Dock was around 4' in the air), water line about 15' foot from where it usually is. I figured I wasn't going to catch much....

Was only able to net small shad... Threw cut shad on the bottom and a whole shad under a Katbobber.. Katbobber got hit within 10 minutes, took a swing and a miss (DOH!).... Around 45 minutes later, Katbobber got yanked under and I was able to land a nice Channel just a hair under 5lbs.
    I had a bluegill that went around 5", so I put it on under the Katbobber.... Watched it slowly take off walking then go under as soon as I threw it out... Thought for sure I hooked a Flathead the way it bit... Ended up being another channel spot on 5lbs.

Ended up catch 5 channels all at 5lbs, ALL!!! on the Katbobber. I had one TINY run on the bottom lines, other than that they sat quiet the whole time... Im sure I would have been skunked had I not been using Gene's bobber...

Attached Files:

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    That was a good trip, nice fish.

We just got some Kat Bobbers from Gene and can't wait to get out and try them out!

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    You are going to LOVE em :big_smile: .. They are great in soooo many situations...Toward the end of the day today, I was using it to "drift" fish from the bank .. A breeze had kicked up while I was out there, so I would throw it out leaving slack in the line and let it drift in... Worked great.. I was able to cover alot of water without ever moving on the bank....

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Looks like you had a great time, was ya on sang? hit the spillway at shelby today, nuttin but a 45.5 Musky, LOL was fun tho.... didn't use any bobbers but had a fella talkin to us and had to slip him one of Gene's sickle hooks to try out, he just was tickled at the style of hook, gave him the website, so he maybe on there shopping. May have to meet up with ya one day at Sangchris Sub.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sometimes a few hours is all ya need. Nice fish. Thanx for sharein.

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I was at Lake Springfield... Thinking of possibly trying my luck at Sangchris Sat nite... Still waiting for the kitchen pass to get signed to confirm though.

7. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Hey Tim...that's great news! WTG! :big_smile:

*We just found out early tonight that WildWolf Products website was offline for a few days while Gene was gone. Gene got the problem solved now, so it won't happen again. Many apologies for any inconveniences that may have cost our customers.

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    congrats on the cats! I am heading out this weekend to Rend and going to finally give my kat bobbers a try. Will be doing mostly bank fishing I think.