KAT KING ROD &REELS

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by tnoutlawkatfish, Jan 28, 2009.

1. tnoutlawkatfish

tnoutlawkatfish New Member

State:
    Mcminnville,TN.
    CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THEIR THOUGHTS ON THE KAT KING ROD AND REELS FROM CABELA'S.:confused2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Robert,

Have never used one, but they are talked about quite a bit on here.

Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
  4. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I have 5 of the reels, and have never had one let me down. I'm very happy with mine, and would recomend Them. One more thing is that all gears in these are metal, and not plastic.

5. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I have 2 of these setups and bought 2 for my father-in-law I did hear about a malfunction with the drag that is fixed easily with a small washer so I still stand by them good luck in 09:wink:

6. tomsfishing4

tomsfishing4 New Member

State:
    pa
    well, my wife is gettin me one for my birthday this friday ill let ya know

7. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    I can't speak for the reels, but the rods seem to be holding up well for me. I've use the 8' M/H casting rods, with Abu 6000, 6500 reels. So far they have done everything I've asked of them.

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i have 4 of them, 1- 6ft, 2- 7ft, 1- 8 ft, all are MH action, the poles are very sturdy, the reels are OK but i replaced all mine with baitrunners, they do have a new combo with a king kat baitrunner, those go for 60 bucks, which i haven't tried, one of my king kat reels did have a problem with the drag not tightining but taking off the drag knob and placing a washer on and then replacing the knob worked like a champ, this must be common cause i know 2 other people this happened to, the poles that come out now are better then the poles that came out a few months ago, i had one from a few months ago and the line rating was 12-25#, now the pole that are coming out are 12-30# and are much sturdyier and the eyelets are much better, all in all a great pole for the money, just watch the reels, i think if you look online you can still get the combo for under 20 bucks:wink:

9. tnoutlawkatfish

State:
    Mcminnville,TN.
    THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.I'M PRETTY SURE I'M GONNA GET ME A COUPLE AND THANKS AGAIN.:smile2:

10. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    I have two of the 8' spinning models. I personally like them a lot. I think they are a great deal for the money. The biggest cats I've landed on them are in the 12# range. Rods are sturdy and the drags on the reels have held up for me so far with owning them for 1.5 years. Hope this helps.

11. tnoutlawkatfish

State:
    Mcminnville,TN.
  12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
  13. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
  14. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC Robert!!!!! I've got one of the rods, have no complaints.

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    rods are good but in my opinion the reels are junk. spend a little extra on a quality reel like an okuma. they won't break your wallet.

16. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    That's what I did Brian I got 2 KK combos took the reels off and ordered 2 Okuma abf 65 baitfeeders from Walmart for 44 bucks each so I have 2 nice setups for 120 bucks not counting the line ,hooks,etc.

17. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I have the King Kat reels as back up in case anything happens to my Okumas:eek:oooh: