Kat bobbers

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angelkitty, May 26, 2007.

1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Would you go to the extremes to save a Kat bobber? Let me tell ya, Newton and I went to the Saline river today. Didn't catch nothing really. But Newton got his line hung up on a tree stump. He tried everything from the bank to get it lose. Well he ended up swimming out to free it, while I reeled it in. I was just a laughing about it:lol:. Just thought i would share our great adventure with you all.

2. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    when ur a dedicated fisherman u do what it takes lol, i have jumped out of our boat to retrieve my penn 209 and ugly stik after a cat took it out of the boat, i used my feet and finally got it back with no fish of course lol:confused2:

3. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    That is funny. I have a sharp knife if he needs to use it. My Dad went in for a trot line. he forgot to tie it to the bank.

4. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Thats just it He had a knife but he did not want to lose his Kat Bobber.:big_smile: So he swim out to rescue it.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    It would depend on how many Kat Bobbers I had with me. I think they are good enough to launch such a rescue. Thanks for sharing. This could be refered to as "Saving The Day".

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. He's just lucky he wasn't "night" fishing as he couldn't have seen the stump. LOL

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Depending on current, depth, snakes, etc., I would probably go in after it. I hate to lose anything and I also hate to litter.

8. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Actually it was dark. He drove the truck down to the boat ramp where we were throwing in our lines at. and shined the light from the truck on the stump. He had to put the truck side ways on the ramp to shine the lights and the bobber was on the other side. The water was down. Thank goodness.:cool2:

9. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Been there, Done that....only it was a favorite lure he went in after, it was really hysterically funny. He tried to walk out on a tree limb hangin over the water and it broke off with him....Have it all on video....im thinkin blackmail...lol.

10. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Patricia, great adventure :lol:... glad you got to do some fishin, too! But I am thinkin what Newton needs is a trained Bobber Retriever... a yellow lab, maybe... specially taught how to keep him dry on such occasions... lol. Thanks for the smiles!

11. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Now Girls:

Layoff these guys. They Just Know when they have something they don't want to lose. It makes me Proud that Newton likes one of my products good enough to go swimming to keep from losing it. I may have to give him a Freebee for being a dedicated Customer. LOL

Gene

12. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    i found myself in a similar situation like that. I had jumped out on a log and balanced till I was nearly in the water...something told me to just STOP and look!

There was a gator waiting and watching. I know it took me a good bit to get out to the tip of that log, but somehow in 2 steps I was on solid ground on the way back!:lol:

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I might do the same if it was a good bobber. Most of mine ain't too good. Your story reminds me of my old friend Sangkau, from Laos. When he first came here, I took him and his family to a picnic area at Smith Mountain lake to fish. Back then we communicated through a translator who is from Vietnam. Anyway, on the first cast, Sangkau got snagged in about 15 feet of water. I tried to tell him to just break it off because I had plenty of hooks and sinkers. He wouldn't hear of it, so he stripped down to his Birthday Suit in front of a few other families of picnicers, and while his wife held the pole, he followed the line out and got his hook back. I was freakin'! I just knew the law was on it's way any minute. LOL

14. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    is this the same guy that had you eat that aweful meal that you were telling us about?:lol:

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yes, that's him. But even that wasn't as bad as the time I watched his 10 year old daughter eat a raw Woodpecker. After knowing Sangkau, I'm soooo glad to be an American.

16. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I fell in Roanoke river 2 weeks ago. I was walking on some rocks about 10 feet above the river, technically I was still on the clock at work, so my cell phone rang and when i went to answer it it slipped and as i went to grab it off the rock I went. I did catch the phone before we both hit the water:lol:. This is the third time this phone has been completely under water, and after 2 day drying it still works.