Kat Bobbers

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Gotbuck, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    After getting skunked this past weekend I am going to try these Kat Bobbers and have a few questions for those who use them.

1. How do you thread your line in them? It appears that both ends are sealed and have a tiny pin hole on each side.

2. What hook type and size works best for you?

3. What bait works best for you and at what depth?

4. How much lead do you use?

Sorry for all the questions but just need some honest info. I will be fishing Labor Day weekend at the LOZ and want to try this setup on my poles from the bank near a cove that meets the main channel and would like to float some gills over the drop offs. Thanks for the information.

2. kingkat82

kingkat82 New Member

State:
    Central KS
    When you first get them you might think "yikes..." but close examination shows they use some type of epoxy or silicone material around the "holes" on the tops and bottoms, making them smooth and acceptable. They come with a small print out of the same diagram you see on that web page. The gills I used the one time I've tried them had a rough go at trying to tug them around long. I used the same rig they show on the diagram with 6/0 circle seas. Reminder: use a bobberstop knot like they show to control your depth where you want it and also to keep bait out of snags.

3. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    They are just big slip floats. Use two stopper knots and a few beads . I rig up with a hook according to what I am fishing. The reason I like the floats is becasue they can easily hold 4oz which makes distance casts possible from shoreline.

4. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks fellas.

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    My set up is first the bobber stop, I use a thin piece of inner tube about 4" long and tie it around the line a couple times. You can still slide it but it stays firmly in place. When the cat hits it, it will definatly not move on you for a firm set. Next is the Fat Kat Bobber 3 x 3 3/4, 4oz ball sinker, bead, swivel, 1' leader, and I use a 7/0 Gamakatsu hook with a large Green Sunfish. I usually fish it about 3' deep, with a 6' pole. If I go deeper I use my 12' pole, if that makes any since to you. Get some glow sticks if you fish at night. If you catch a fish on a Kat Bobber you will be hooked on them, that is for sure. Also let the bait fish do the work for you, let the current drift it, or let the wind blow it. Good luck, let us know how ya do? My profile picture of the 17.8 Channel was caught on a Kat Bobber useing those same instructions. It is one of many.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009