Kat Bobber

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by dwreel, Sep 8, 2006.

1. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I tried my new Kat Bobbers last night. Also lost the first one I used. Got hung up and had to break off. Naturally the line broke above all the tackle and the line just slid thru the bobber. In the future I think I'll tie on a second stop knot below the bobber. Anybody else run into this problem ? And if so, what did you do to save the bobber ?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I haven't had the pleasure of using the Kat bobbers yet but I mainly fish with slip bobbers.I use a small piece of thin rubber band for my bobber stop and also use a small piece of rubber band right above the swivel,most of the time if I get hung up and my line breaks I'll still get my bobber back.It isn't 100% effective but it does work. :0a26:

3. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah the rubber band trick works. if i am fishing at a certain depth i have also used a tiny split shots that have the little ears on the back of them that you can pinch with pliers to get them off.

4. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Both good ideas. Thanks guys.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Glad to help a Brother out! Best of Luck to you!!!

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    glad to hear you got your Katbobber, very sorry to hear you lost it.

best thing I can think of is an additional bobber stop of some kind below the bobber, just, reel it in slow if thats the case, they have a LOT of drag on them when pulling them through the water.

7. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    lol i lost my light up bobber 3 times and was able to catch it with a cast net,,,, luckly