kaskaskia river??

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Brentkeele, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I have a free day tomorrow and am considering heading out onto the Kaskaskia and see if I can find some of those ill tempered flatheads. If anybody would be willing to share some geograhical references pertaining to where the hot bite is (if there is any) other than "find the brush piles", and they would be willing to share that info, it would be veryt helpful and greatly appreciated. I haven't ruled out lake shelbyville or coffeen lake though. I am a bit paralyzed by indecision.:confused2:

Thanks in advance to ya'll!!

2. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Word at work is the bite is on at the river. They fish from Cox bridge mostly. I can't help you on locations. I would like to tag a long but the wife has her heart set on getting to watch me work around the house tomorrow. :smile2:

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well if I was to put in at Cox Bridge, I would get soem shad/gills in the strait directly to the west, then I would either start on the big sunken jam right there on the inside of the bend, or run up to the 1st bend from ramp and set up where the little duck ditch drains into the bend, Giant tree been stuck in there for years, most under water. or maybe on up stream to the pipeline crossing, and just north of it nice holes there too, another giant trash pile under water there, or go down stream from the ramp to 1st bend and sete up in the creek mouth jam there..... then again if you find the long shelf in that one straight away is is usually holding some fishes......... But sorry I can not tell ya any more than that. :wink:

4. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Thanks guys, I'm hoping to possibly use this info on fri. My plans to go out yesterday were upended and I ended up visiting a family member in the hospital at Mt Vernon. No fish for me. Soon, hopefully. I don't get to get on that river as much as I would like and it's a shame, cuz I thouroughly enjoy the Kaskaskia. Thanks again guys!!

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yo, COPPER! LOL, Is that a "tickle in the throat"?, are you feeling a bit run down?, maybe a "Sick Day" would be worthy, say about Wednesday? Hmmmm, Hmmm, Hmmmm :smile2: :smile2: Well? I know you really hate to save them into the next year.....:smile2:

6. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Holy cow, you have no idea how much I would love to use a "mental health" day. Unfortunately, It's not in the cards this time:sad2:. I appreciate your thinking of me though.