kaskaskia river

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Brentkeele, May 3, 2008.

1. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Does anyone know what condition the kaskaskia is in around the area of vandalia down to cox's bridge. Are the boat ramps under water. I was also wondering how fast the river is running.

2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I read yesterday that the dam at carlyle lake was wide open. If your south of that I can imagine it's out of the banks. Hope this helps.

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    From what i seen its flooded from Shelbyville to Covington

4. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    thanks guys. I'll save the gasoline a trip with the boat would've cost me and stick with some of the lakes around here for now.:wink:

5. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    flood stage at carlyle is 423.5 they are running it at 426.. my good friend's at owkawville tell me it's a wash out ....

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Brent, just for future referance, there is/was a 60+ foot tree stuck over the ramp at Van, which if it doesn't get moved by water, well needless to say it won't get moved........ Hitogee(Pittsburgh) you ever use that ramp?, on the west side of river south road out of Van.

7. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    brent, good luck with kaskaskia info, I don't think anyone fishes it on this site. I fish from new athens down to the mississippi and its flooded. waters going to drop some day and when it does look for me on the river, they call me missouri because i'm always over there showing them good ol boys how to fish,lol
    i'm the blue & white nitro 185

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Fish that area all the time Brent, right now the whites are hitting good in creek mouths and back side sand bars, the flathead should be getting ready any day, temps are spot on. River is descent right now in the area, but this next round of rain will just screw it all up again.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]KASKASKIA RIVER[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=-1]135.7[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] Vandalia[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]7.8 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]-0.8[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]18.0[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]453.30[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]27.3[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]6-29-51[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]18.6[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] Red Bud (elev)[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]377.1 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]-0.2[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]374.0[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]300.00[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]394.3[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]8-6-93[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]0.8[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] L&D HW (elev)[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]376.9 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]-0.1[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]300.00[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]394.4[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]8-6-93[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]0.8[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] L&D TW (elev)[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]376.8 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]-0.1[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]300.00[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]394.4[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]8-6-93[/SIZE]

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
  10. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I appreciate all the info guys. I have not used that ramp south of van. Mostly I just use the ramp at Van or the one at Cox's bridge. Occasionally I'll put in all the way up at shelbyville just south of the dam at that little campground. I'm really looking forward to getting out on the kaskaskia, but my boat is quite small, so I really have to stay away when it's running fast.

fishnfowl, is the ramp you were referring to south of van off of 51? If not, what road is it on?

Hope to see ya'll out there soon!

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    No it is on the west side, I'll get the directions/ map to ya here later this evening, once you learn a turn or two it is a strait shot from 185 through the country (good roads) to the ramp, it is in the middle of nowhere but state owns it and the northern ground crew from Carlyle keeps it clean and open, I'll get the info here in a bit Need to mow the yard before it rains again :angry: Maybe buy some goats instead, LOL.